turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Franchi affinity 3.5 choke

Started by Shady valley birds, February 13, 2023, 05:28:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shady valley birds

Hey guys I just picked up an affinity 3.5 and was wondering what some of yall have gathered on chokes and constriction before I go and spend a fortune! Haha no but if yall have any suggestions let em fly! Thanks fellas!!
If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got.

SumToy

Tell us just how dead do you want them to be and we will see if we can get that for you.
Building American made products with American made CNC's and Steel.  Keep all the service Men and Women that gave a LIFE for our FREEDOM a live when you buy American.  God Bless the USA

Shady valley birds

Yea I knowI'm preaching to the choir but I'd like something tight to reach out and touch one but not too tight that it is a slug at inside 20. Again, preaching to the choir haha
If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got.

edward.penny2022

I hunted last year with one and a Carlson's .650 choke. About took the turkeys head off at 15 steps.

7shooter

My son shoots 3.5" 9 tss with a Carlsons 640. Told him it would be over choked but proved me wrong.

redwad

I recently bought the same gun. I will be shooting longboard XR 3.5" #5, Hevidhot Magnum blend 3.5" and Nitroturkey 3.5" #6 through a carlsons .665 and .675. I'll keep you updated what shoots best.

redwad

Did yours come drilled and tapped? If so how did you remove the covers?

GuideGun

Quote from: redwad on March 03, 2023, 06:38:55 PM
Did yours come drilled and tapped? If so how did you remove the covers?

Take the barrel off and use a punch. But come through the bottom of receiver and punch them up through the receiver.
Matt

Shady valley birds

As stated above just remove the barrel and punch out the plastic plugs. But so far I got a jebbs .655 and a rob Robert's raptor choke and that rob roberts is a keeper! If I knew how to upload a pic I would post the pattern from today

redwad

I went with a Carlsons 665 and 675. Shot longbeard xr, nitro turkey, and hevi shot magnum blend through both of the chokes at 20 and 40 yards. Magnum blends had the nicest pattern out of both chokes at both ranges. I'm going with the 665 and magnum blends.