turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Apex Ninja .410 2023

Started by briton, February 27, 2023, 12:08:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

briton

I ordered a box of Apex Ninja from Rogers and when I received the shells I could hear them rattling inside the packaging box. When I opened them and held them up to the light I could see a 1/8 inch gap between the top of shot column and os shot card, you can hear and feel shot rolling. I called Apex and I was told that they didn't use buffer in this batch of loads bc it made no noticeable difference in the pattern and the rattle shouldn't matter and to test them out on paper and that they would make it right if I wasn't satisfied. They shot good and even but not quite as tight as the other Apex .410 load. Some of you folks that handload, have you found that the buffer makes a better pattern and do really rattling shells make a noticeable difference in pattern. Should I send them back or be satisfied? I just feel like for the money it seems a little sloppy loaded but maybe I'm just being picky. Anybody else notice this?

Trkmaster88

Have two boxes from last year and they all rattle.

btodd00

my apex and browning shells rattled

When I started hand loading I tried several things to stop it until the people I was buying pellets from let me know it doesnt matter the least and that the shot could move all it wants it still cant go anywhere. One full season of them bouncing around in my vest and they still shot fine

Ive never noticed the 1 or 2 extras I keep with me making enough noise to matter, even my sons gun that has a shell holder on butt stock I cant hear them normally

briton

TrackeySauresRex

This doesn't seem right to me as well, I just got a box and shake rattle and roll. I did not shoot them yet. I have to wait till it warms up a bit. I'll keep yo posted.
"If You Call Them,They Will Come."

PharmHunter

It is perfectly normal and pretty much the way it is across the board with almost all .410 tss loads.  Won't affect a thing performance-wise.

briton

Quote from: TrackeySauresRex on March 09, 2023, 11:28:38 AM
This doesn't seem right to me as well, I just got a box and shake rattle and roll. I did not shoot them yet. I have to wait till it warms up a bit. I'll keep yo posted.

Thanks for the reply, keep us posted. I received a box of salt creek ammo .410 #10 and they are the exact same way as far as rattling. I'm guessing upon ignition all the shot is slammed/compacted back before it is launched and also tss is so hard that it doesn't deform when it's compacted so buffer isn't necessary?

Bigfootwolff

My Apex Turkey Ninjas also rattle a little, but they still pattern great.  As a previous poster stated, the TSS shot is so hard that even without buffer material the shot doesn't compress and deform like lead shot so no need for the buffer material.

jbranham63

I ordered some apex ninja 410 shells as well a few weeks ago. They all do the same thing you are describing but they pattern well at 40 yards. I called Apex and was assured they would take care of it if I wasn't happy with the pattern.