Pinhoti Project 2023 Limited pot

Started by SemoRiverRat, February 10, 2023, 10:07:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ctate94

Ctate94

yelpaholic

Quote from: TScottW99 on March 07, 2023, 07:29:34 PM
Quote from: bigdrumnc on February 11, 2023, 11:32:41 AM
Are Jimmy's glass calls decent compared to David halloran?

I have both and like both. Unfortunately my Jimmy call has a crack now and lives in a curio cabinet. It was given to me as a gift from a friend who is no longer with us.

Send it back to jimmy he can most likely replace the glass . I sent one back to mr Lonnie sneed and he replaced glass in my pot .

Terry

Quote from: Bedge7767 on March 11, 2023, 07:33:57 AM
Not sure why people worry about other people's money.
It's getting petty really. Seems the whole world is concerned with everyone but themselves.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fl strutter

sixbird

I didn't see anybody worried about how other people spend their money ???????
All comments I saw were regarding how they'd spend their OWN money.
I think it's a brilliant marketing scheme and I'm all for a guy capitalizing on his hard work.
Just not for me.
I could see all of you guys buying them for $145 and down the line them being worth $500. Hope that's the case.
Whatever blows your skirt up fellas!

Bedge7767

Quote from: sixbird on March 31, 2023, 02:36:47 PM

I think it's a brilliant marketing scheme and I'm all for a guy capitalizing on his hard work.
Just not for me.
I could see all of you guys buying them for $145 and down the line them being worth $500. Hope that's the case.

But yet you keep posting about it.
Jim

Zobo

A lot of people keep posting about it. I don't care one iota who spends money on what, not the issue. My only concern was/is:  WHO MADE THE F'ING CALL!!! I'll never be convinced, that that question isn't warranted or valid for a potential buyer. I also care about where the stuff I buy is made. If you hide these facts, I personally will never buy your products. I do think it's FRAUDULENT to hand sign a call you didn't make. But that just my opinion, which is what this whole thing is about, an exchange of ideas and information.
Stand still, and consider the wonderous works of God  Job:37:14

sixbird

Quote from: Bedge7767 on March 31, 2023, 03:31:34 PM
Quote from: sixbird on March 31, 2023, 02:36:47 PM

Just not for me.

But yet you keep posting about it.

And, in spite of my recognition that everybody is free to spend their money in any way they please, you seem to refuse to let it go...

idratherb

These last few post make me laugh :TooFunny:, who knows maybe its the Titos

Zobo

Quote from: idratherb on March 31, 2023, 08:49:27 PM

Thank you, I do try to entertain and inform  :camohat:
Stand still, and consider the wonderous works of God  Job:37:14

TScottW99

Quote from: yelpaholic on March 25, 2023, 03:16:07 PM
Quote from: TScottW99 on March 07, 2023, 07:29:34 PM
Quote from: bigdrumnc on February 11, 2023, 11:32:41 AM
Are Jimmy's glass calls decent compared to David halloran?

I have both and like both. Unfortunately my Jimmy call has a crack now and lives in a curio cabinet. It was given to me as a gift from a friend who is no longer with us.

Send it back to jimmy he can most likely replace the glass . I sent one back to mr Lonnie sneed and he replaced glass in my pot .

Thanks, it's a hairline crack on the back of the pot. Still sounds great but was worried I'd be a klutz and break it.
"What gets us jangly is the suddenness of everything. We hunt turkeys because we want to hear them gobble, watch them strut and all that, and we hunt them with shotguns because we want to be close to them when those things occur." - Jim Spencer

greentrout

Quote from: Zobo on March 31, 2023, 10:56:03 PM
Quote from: idratherb on March 31, 2023, 08:49:27 PM

Thank you, I do try to entertain and inform  :camohat:

You had both in that post!
Looking to buy Allen Dunfee scratch boxes.

owlhoot

Quote from: Hevishot 13 on February 11, 2023, 10:07:43 AM
Quote from: Snood Life on February 11, 2023, 09:48:13 AM
Quote from: SemoRiverRat on February 11, 2023, 08:24:44 AM
It seems odd not to give the call maker credit for the product.  I was successful in getting one ordered despite the web site crashing when the call dropped.  I will do a sound file when it arrives.

I did find not giving credit odd as well. If it was a well name maker like Schaffer or Strawser, it would have only added to their credibility. Maybe it is one of them, but by not giving their name, people will keep buying from his website instead of going directly to the builder. A lot of his YouTube following probably isn't in the world of custom calls. They are not addicted like the rest of us  :funnyturkey:

This bring up a question I have. His YouTube following eats up everything he does....are they the hunters hunter type on here, or are his followers the yuppi type that jumped on the band wagon lately and know nothing about what it takes to hunt birds?......
He and others shoot birds on his videos that are not always in perfect frame for the kill shot.
I would say at least he is a hunter and his girl friend/ wife is a turkey killer for sure.
As far as the calls goes, if it comes out who made it? Will probably be a popular bunch.
Heck he could have been helping them get started.