News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Pinhoti Project 2023 Limited pot

Started by SemoRiverRat, February 10, 2023, 10:07:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

aclawrence

Quote from: Ranger on March 02, 2023, 07:28:31 AM
Anybody got their new Pinhoti Edition custom call yet? Did it come with who made them?
I think it's Harmony Game Calls

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mikejd

Quote from: turkeyhunter99x on March 02, 2023, 09:25:26 AM
It's the Pinhoti name on them that makes them sell without that the call wouldn't sell near as well especially with that price tag on them.

Exactly! This is reason for signature and the collectability. Call it whatever you wish. I call it smart.

SemoRiverRat

I was able to go get one of these pots, it sounds very good and is a great looking pot as well.  I did a sound file comparison at a distance between it and my old trusty crystal mistress and sent it to several of my buddies, every one of them liked that sound of the Pinhoti pot better surprisingly.  Both calls were played with my favorite striker, Clay Tonwnsend snakewood 2 piece.

Ctate94

Was lucky enough to get one. Great sounding call.

RiverBuck

Looks nice.
I not seeing what all the fuss is about other than something deeper that stems from not liking Dave and or his content. Some buy Woodhaven calls... Sort of the same concept as the Pihoti pot. Not everyone buys custom calls or has as deep of understanding of call makers as those throwing shade on here.

Ctate94

Quote from: RiverBuck on March 04, 2023, 07:42:16 PM
Looks nice.
I not seeing what all the fuss is about other than something deeper that stems from not liking Dave and or his content. Some buy Woodhaven calls... Sort of the same concept as the Pihoti pot. Not everyone buys custom calls or has as deep of understanding of call makers as those throwing shade on here.
I just buy to support a person making content I enjoy and want to keep coming.

RemingtonRules

Quote from: Ctate94 on March 04, 2023, 07:43:03 PM
Quote from: RiverBuck on March 04, 2023, 07:42:16 PM
Looks nice.
I just buy to support a person making content I enjoy and want to keep coming.

Careful what you support.  Plus not sur how often he uses a pot call.

turkey stew

Nice looking pot call. I'm glad they sound good.

Zobo

We just want to know who made it, not whose marketing it. This is largely a turkey call forum. The guy who invented it and runs it is a turkey call maker as are many of its members. The problem people have with this kind of thing is the lack of transparency. "Shade" is created by this lack of transparency not by asking a honest, reasonable question.
Stand still, and consider the wonderous works of God  Job:37:14

captpete

Me personally. I would have bought at least one, possibly 2, of a well known call makers calls before spending that same amount on an "unknown" call makers call with somebody else's name on it.

TScottW99

Quote from: bigdrumnc on February 11, 2023, 11:32:41 AM
Are Jimmy's glass calls decent compared to David hallorans?

I have both and like both. Unfortunately my Jimmy call has a crack now and lives in a curio cabinet. It was given to me as a gift from a friend who is no longer with us.
"What gets us jangly is the suddenness of everything. We hunt turkeys because we want to hear them gobble, watch them strut and all that, and we hunt them with shotguns because we want to be close to them when those things occur." - Jim Spencer

Spitten and drummen

145 bucks for a pot from an unknown call maker. No way for me. Strong pass. I buy calls that sound good. Not saying these sound bad but I buy calls from a call maker with a great track record. I have bought pots from unknowns after I play the call but to be honest I have even gotten calls from well known makers that I hate to say , were sorry. I hardly order a call anymore unless it's from a maker I have a very good relationship with. They know I'm picky and they won't send me one that is just ok.I want to play the call before I drop the coin. Thank goodness I have over 100 pot calls and as many box calls. I don't need anymore so I am picky. To each his own though.
" RANGERS LEAD THE WAY"
"QUEEN OF BATTLE FOLLOW ME " ~ INFANTRY
"DEATH FROM ABOVE " ~ AIRBORNE

Bedge7767

Not sure why people worry about other people's money.
Jim

sixbird

Quote from: Happy on February 10, 2023, 02:11:34 PM
They look like a Jimmy Shaffer pot.
I'm 98% positive they were using a glass or crystal Jimmy Schaffer call in their vids. I think they made mention of it in one of their vids.

sixbird

Nothing against a guy taking advantage of the capitalist system. I'm all for it.
That said, it's like the Mr. Fox vest. It's a turkey vest with a price tag created by hype. It's marketing.
Jimmy Schaffer makes pot calls as good as the Pinhoti, no doubt in my mind. So do many others.
If it makes you warm and fuzzy, go for it. I'd be the last to be in a position to criticize. BUT, it's 87% hype.