turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Pinhoti Project 2023 Limited pot

Started by SemoRiverRat, February 10, 2023, 10:07:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SemoRiverRat

It seems odd not to give the call maker credit for the product.  I was successful in getting one ordered despite the web site crashing when the call dropped.  I will do a sound file when it arrives. 

Snood Life

Quote from: SemoRiverRat on February 11, 2023, 08:24:44 AM
It seems odd not to give the call maker credit for the product.  I was successful in getting one ordered despite the web site crashing when the call dropped.  I will do a sound file when it arrives.

I did find not giving credit odd as well. If it was a well name maker like Schaffer or Strawser, it would have only added to their credibility. Maybe it is one of them, but by not giving their name, people will keep buying from his website instead of going directly to the builder. A lot of his YouTube following probably isn't in the world of custom calls. They are not addicted like the rest of us  :funnyturkey:

Hevishot 13

Quote from: Snood Life on February 11, 2023, 09:48:13 AM
Quote from: SemoRiverRat on February 11, 2023, 08:24:44 AM

I did find not giving credit odd as well. If it was a well name maker like Schaffer or Strawser, it would have only added to their credibility. Maybe it is one of them, but by not giving their name, people will keep buying from his website instead of going directly to the builder. A lot of his YouTube following probably isn't in the world of custom calls. They are not addicted like the rest of us  :funnyturkey:

This bring up a question I have. His YouTube following eats up everything he does....are they the hunters hunter type on here, or are his followers the yuppi type that jumped on the band wagon lately and know nothing about what it takes to hunt birds?......

Ranger

He's already said its not an established custom callmaker, its someone that made calls exclusively for him and not someone that is a known maker.  So not Strawser or Schaffer, but thousands of dollars worth of 'custom' calls with a mans name on them that didn't make them, and the real maker unknown.  More than just odd
"One can work for his gobbler by learning to communicate with him, or one can 'buy' his turkey with a decoy.  The choice is up to the 'hunter' " --William Yarbrough

bigdrumnc

Are Jimmy's glass calls decent compared to David hallorans?

Terry

Maybe the maker doesn't want the credit. Too many guys would send the makers list through the roof. Probably causing a great deal of stress as most makers are part time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Snood Life

Quote from: Terry on February 11, 2023, 11:39:16 AM
Maybe the maker doesn't want the credit. Too many guys would send the makers list through the roof. Probably causing a great deal of stress as most makers are part time.

^^ very good point as well. Based on the qty they sold, they came out ok on the current set up they have going. Hope people who bought them end up satisfied. Truthfully that is all that matters.

bowbird87

Quote from: bigdrumnc on February 11, 2023, 11:32:41 AM

Yes most definitely

Tom007

Quote from: bigdrumnc on February 11, 2023, 11:32:41 AM

Jimmy's pot calls are as good as any out there. Great guy to deal with too....
"Solo hunter"

Tom007

"Solo hunter"

Big Jeremy

Quote from: Terry on February 11, 2023, 11:39:16 AM

That was my thought exactly. I am assuming the maker didn't want 200+more requests. I also assume that Dave wouldn't put something out at that price point that didn't have a decent sound to it.

Quote from: Hevishot 13 on February 11, 2023, 10:07:43 AM
This bring up a question I have. His YouTube following eats up everything he does....are they the hunters hunter type on here, or are his followers the yuppi type that jumped on the band wagon lately and know nothing about what it takes to hunt birds?......

I can only assume that his following is like almost all other biggish YT hunter's following. There is probably a mix. I watch them periodically, and Dave Owens and Chad Claycomb (Claycomb Outdoors, I think) are my favorite two. They seem more like hunters that are videoing than the other way around to me.

I do really like the Pinhoti mouth calls...the gray ghost and new purple ghost run better for me than any other mouth call I have tried, and they hold up well. My experience with them makes me think the pot is at least quality. Awfully steep price point, though. I wasn't interested in it.

aclawrence

I saw some identical looking pots and the same kind of pictures and advertising for someone else and it listed the maker. It was someone I'd never heard of before. (Edit: it is Harmony Game Calls, I don't know anything about them but I think they're making these pots) I'm sure it was the same maker for the Pinhoti pots. I wouldn't spend  the money for these. Even if they are a straight custom made pot so are a bunch of others for half the cost. I really like his new purple ghost cut mouth call though.

Zobo

You know LL.Bean and Orvis (the original old time Abercrombie and Fitch too) have been doing this kind of thing for many years with different sporting products. They have a small manufacture build something and they slap their Company's name on it and sell away. But, actually hand signing a call you didn't make, if true, hits a new low and is nothing to be proud of. 
Stand still, and consider the wonderous works of God  Job:37:14

Ranger

Anybody got their new Pinhoti Edition custom call yet? Did it come with who made them?
"One can work for his gobbler by learning to communicate with him, or one can 'buy' his turkey with a decoy.  The choice is up to the 'hunter' " --William Yarbrough

turkeyhunter99x

It's the Pinhoti name on them that makes them sell without that the call wouldn't sell near as well especially with that price tag on them.