Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Planning any trukey trips for next spring?

Started by neal, June 21, 2011, 01:15:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

OLE RASPY

Me and a buddy is planning on a rio hunt (pending funds) either texas kansas or oklahoma.Hopefully (pending funds) :lol: will be heading far far south for a occelated hunt in 2013.

rtsj

Gonna hunt Pa. Goin to nebraska definatly(already booked)  and hoping to do ohio and maybe if i feel frisky Ny and Wv.

clarksvalley

northeast kansas,nebraska or south dakota,then back home to pa.

YELPA

Tennessee this Fall.

Spring 2012 and 2013
I always hunt GA.  Possibilities include: NM, AZ, CO, TN (if I don't get it done this Fall), KY, VA, AR, SC, LA, PA, NY, WV and MD.  Probably 3 of those each Spring.  Everything dependent upon weather, time off, invites, etc.  I've been burned the past two seasons with monsoon weather on several set-in-stone out of state trips, so I'm going to try and work my plans towards flexibility the next couple seasons.  Block out some time to go and let the weatherman lead me in the right direction.  At least that's the plan.  Weatherman doesn't always help.
I'd love to go back to MO, KS, NE and IA on a marathon hunt, but that's not in the books unless I decide to take a break from chasing the US Slam.

Old Gobbler

Ill be doing the Florida thing{ I live in S .Florida } ,and Guiding for some folks on the DC Ranch -  This year is looking REAL GOOD  very good hatch and plenty of gobblers

I usually get in a out of state hunt , SD was a load of fun last season -
:wave:  OG .....DRAMA FREE .....

-Shannon

mountman62

Yes, just not sure where, will start here in Louisiana, probably Kansas on the private, maybe someone will invite me on a good Merriams or Osceola if I'm real good, got a couple of new states I'd like to go to, hopefully can go back to my new spot in Texas if i can get some money, but waiting on time, money, and health of the wife, one day at a time
It's not a passion, It's an OBSESSION

[img][img]

Wingbone

Hoping to head west again and hit SD & WY, maybe swing back throughmy spot in KS. I really want to go back to FL though.
In Hoc Signo Vinces

Preacher

I am going to do something, I am thinking about a North East run, maybe New Hampisher,  or Conn.  maybe Ver.   But may just do an Iowa , Mo thing again.
Romans 8:37

WNY Bowhunter

I'll be hunting KY for the first few days of their season and then will be trying my luck in Nebraska from 4/22 - 4/25.  These will be my first out-of-state hunts....I can't wait!!!  :you_rock:
"I'm not from New Yawk.  I'm a REDNECK from Western New York!!!"
"It's not a passion. It's an OBSESSION."

drenalinld

Quote from: WNY Bowhunter on June 22, 2011, 09:14:05 AM
I'll be hunting KY for the first few days of their season and then will be trying my luck in Nebraska from 4/22 - 4/25.  These will be my first out-of-state hunts....I can't wait!!!  :you_rock:

Awesome!! I hope to get to KY also. NE rocks!!! Good luck!

hobbes

I've debated skipping IL, so I could have more time and add WY and SD to my usual NE trip, but that isn't likely.  My name would be Mudd back home with both my family and the in-laws.  I looked into OK public land this year, but it didn't work out. 

I'll hunt weekends here in the mountains and I was expecting to draw a  CO limited tag on the eastern plains next year.  However, the points required to draw creeped up some this year and my points count and the 2011 stats will give me 60% chance to draw if the numbers don't change for 2012.  The 2010 stats put me at 100%.

I've also been invited to hunt KS on a mixture of public and private land that wouldn't be far from the CO border.

My house has been for sale since April.  If it sells we'll probably move down valley and rent for a while which will require me to adjust my hunting location here in the mountains due to proximity.  Unless we see a sudden change, that isn't likely.  I've also been looking for other job opportunities here in the west.  The cost of living here is wearing on me.  I'd like to stay in the mountains but somewhere cheaper.  Opportunities are few and far between and those that do show up are flooded with qualified people............I digress.............Anyway, something of that nature could change everything.

VaTuRkStOmPeR

I'm going to hunt Florida, Georgia, Virginia, Maryland, Nebraska, Wyoming, Oklahoma, and New York next spring.

I'm planning on guiding in South Carolina (I may get to hunt, as well), Wyoming, and New York.

Bring on 330 AM mornings, sore legs, bloodied up turkey vest seats, and the dulll thud of sleep deprivation headaches   :toothy12: :love5: :love5:

Cove

Of course... So far next year I'll be visiting MS (pending I don't go to FL), NM, AZ, WV since I didn't make it this year and will most likely be in location to hit KY and OH as well. I'll find a state closer for a long weekend (prob. NC) and the opportunity for a WA/ Idaho hop has been mentioned. Home state of Georgia obviously.  Everything will work itself out better as spring gets closer. All I can be sure of is I'll be hunting at least 4 new states.