OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Retay Gordion dovetail mount

Started by ncquackersmacker, February 03, 2023, 01:54:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ncquackersmacker

I spoke with Retay about the Gordion turkey gun and the rep told me the new Gus have a dove tail that the pic rail mounts on. They are no longer drilled and tapped. Is there a good low profile mounting option for a FF3 that will work on the dovetail? Sumtoy?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Uncle Tom

Sumtoy does make one for the Burris Fastfire .....I got one on a 870 Firldmaster but it came drill & tapped. If you call them they will help you.

SumToy

We do have anything that clamps.   We bolt everything.    Drill and Tap it you will thank me after words. 
Tell us just how dead do you want them to be and we will see if we can get that for you.
Building American made products with American made CNC's and Steel.  Keep all the service Men and Women that gave a LIFE for our FREEDOM a live when you buy American.  God Bless the USA

ncquackersmacker

Thanks, the retay guy said they had trouble with the aluminum receivers stripping out which is why they went to the dovetail.

SumToy

Back to the internet and folks putting fake info out to hurt folks.   That why we say 10 inch pounds and Burris has 12 but some are tell folks more  :TrainWreck1:
Tell us just how dead do you want them to be and we will see if we can get that for you.
Building American made products with American made CNC's and Steel.  Keep all the service Men and Women that gave a LIFE for our FREEDOM a live when you buy American.  God Bless the USA

Meleagris gallopavo

Circling back to this as I'm eyeing the Retay Gordion myself.  Only sight mounts I'm interested in are bases screwed into a drilled and tapped receiver.  When I found out about the dovetail mount on the Gordion it gave me cause for pause.  Based on the previous comment, I assume the aluminum receiver can be drilled and tapped with no issues?  I've had receivers drilled and tapped before.  I'd just assume get it drilled and tapped by a local machine shop using the screw holes for the mount I choose, which will likely be a Sumtoy.

I live and hunt by empirical evidence.

SumToy

Quote from: Meleagris gallopavo on February 06, 2024, 09:13:38 AM
Circling back to this as I'm eyeing the Retay Gordion myself.  Only sight mounts I'm interested in are bases screwed into a drilled and tapped receiver.  When I found out about the dovetail mount on the Gordion it gave me cause for pause.  Based on the previous comment, I assume the aluminum receiver can be drilled and tapped with no issues?  I've had receivers drilled and tapped before.  I'd just assume get it drilled and tapped by a local machine shop using the screw holes for the mount I choose, which will likely be a Sumtoy.

One of the guns they make is drilled and tap.