turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Pants.....

Started by 357MAGNOLE, January 19, 2023, 08:32:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

3bailey3

I just the Duluth pants in and I really like them.

WV Ridge Reaper

I been trout fishing today in my Duluth pants and honestly think I'm gonna go ahead and order another pair..These things are nice

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Howie g

I have several pair of kuiu pants , and wear them for work and hunting . Very well made and durable .
Nat gear also makes a good pair of bdu type I wear a lot also .

dzsmith

Magellan cotton bottomland pants . Everytime I find a pair I like that are still cotton , they quit making them . Mossy oaks still makes them but they are very poor. The Magellan have a little poly in them so they stretch a little but don't have the flashiness of plastic clothes . I've had 2 sets now , and I buy them on clearance at academy during the holidays when I need them. Hard to beat for 20 bucks . My previous set is 2 seasons old now, and they are in great shape . However I do a couple things to keep them that way. One ... I don't routinely wash turkey hunting clothes , I just don't. Typically once a season , twice at the most. When I do wash them I hand wash them in my tub and I air dry them. This alone preserves them much longer , simply by not going in the washer and dryer . Banded had a great rip stop cotton poly blend that they quit making . It had , tapered legs , zippered pockets . Padded elbows and shoulder and a padded but. Probably the best I've owned , but also not cheap. They quit making them ....... Because nobody wants cotton anymore .... Except me .
"For thy name's sake, O LORD, pardon mine iniquity; for it is great."

Flintridge

Banded came out with a new pant called Bandlander Active pant that I just got that is really good quality.  Also have the Nomad pants that I really like but the Banded fabric seem just a hair thicker.  Both are great pants. 

aclawrence

Quote from: Jordan121787 on February 01, 2023, 08:15:19 AM
Quote from: paboxcall on January 31, 2023, 08:38:18 PM
Quote from: aclawrence on January 30, 2023, 10:37:28 PM
Here you go. Somehow I managed to ramble on for 9 minutes about these pants that I've only worn for thirty minutes lol. I didn't mention the noise. They're a little noisy from the stiffer fabric but I expect that to go away with a little use or a wash.

https://youtu.be/O5Mik4poUmc

So the cargo pocket flaps on the Duluth are velcro and not buttons? That's a pass for me then.

I thought the same, but they are so nice that I may just get them switched to buttons or magnets.
Yeah I don't think it will be a big deal to me but it would be an easy switch to take the Velcro off and add some buttons if you really like the pants. We modify all kinds of gear so we might as well be willing to do a little work to to some pants. Honestly I can see a metal button also scraping against a treestand or gun stock and making an equally negative sound. Magnets might be a good option if you could figure that out.

paboxcall

Quote from: dzsmith on February 03, 2023, 07:09:31 AM
Magellan cotton bottomland pants...I buy them on clearance at academy during the holidays when I need them. Hard to beat for 20 bucks...

A Greg Massey post turned me onto Magellan "Hill Country" cargo pants from Academy and I picked up a pair for $20 on sale. Agree, they are hard to beat, rugged, color fast, and the sliding waistband makes them super comfy.

Picked up a pair of the Nomad NWTF style cargo in Bottomland couple years back on 50% off clearance, and these along with my Magellan are the go-to pants for spring and fall seasons. After a couple of seasons and a wash or two, the Magellan seem to be holding up much better, while the Nomad seem to be into that first stage of fading.

Academy's Magellan are hard to beat for the price and quality.
"A quality paddle caller will most run itself.  It just needs someone to carry it around the woods." Yoder409
"Sit down wrong, and you're beat." Jim Spencer
Don't go this year where youtubers went last year.
"It is a fallacy...that turkeys can see through rocks. Only Superman can do that. Instead turkeys see around them."Jim Spencer

dzsmith

I hope Magellan continues to make them. I have a set I deer hunt in as well, and while they have faded from more washing obviously they aren't bleached out like some will. I think hand washing is probably what has saved my clothes the most . They just last longer without going into a violent machine
"For thy name's sake, O LORD, pardon mine iniquity; for it is great."