turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

When good chickens go bad

Started by gobbler74, June 20, 2011, 12:14:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gobbler74

"Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail"

gobbler74

No offense to the animal lovers but I never understood why rooster fighting has been banned? Other than something that the government wasn't making any money on...or never tried too. They are chickens. Millions get mcnuggeted every day. What do Yall think? Is cockfighting cruel and inhumane?
"Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail"

jperrotti

Quote from: gobbler74 on June 20, 2011, 12:30:12 PM
No offense to the animal lovers but I never understood why rooster fighting has been banned? Other than something that the government wasn't making any money on...or never tried too. They are chickens. Millions get mcnuggeted every day. What do Yall think? Is cockfighting cruel and inhumane?

I think it's because the government isn't able to regulate. It would be so widespread. Cockfights occur in a barn way off the road. Usually alot of other illegal stuff goes on at a cockfight. Drugs, etc.

Just my guess.
Remington 870 SPS-T Super Mag .660 JH Nitro 2-1/4 oz. Straight 7's Burris FastFire II

Basser69

It is a control issue with them. Just like brewing your ouw booze. It is ok to make yours but you cannot sell it because THEY want their piece of the pie

decoykrvr

I don't gamble, but used to go to cock fights 40 years ago to skin out the necks for tying flies.  One of the funniest things I ever saw was at a cock fight, and it involved a "handler" who was pushing 300 lbs and wearing double-knit slacks and a fired up cock wearing razor sharp spurs.  The "handler" jumped into the ring and grabbed his bird that was getting whipped and held it over his head.  The other bird climbed the "handlers" leg in a flash with the spurs like a lineman going up a telephone pole  in an attempt to get the bird above his head.  The "handler" started screaming like a little girl as the blood saturated his double knit slacks in large round spots where he was spurred as he beat at the rooster on his leg with the bird in his hands.  In the end there were no winners, only two dead roosters and a sorely injured "handler".  What a show!!!

Gobble!

It's definitely cruel. It's the same as dog fighting.
I would watch both don't get me wrong but it is cruel and should be illegal.

gobbler74

Quote from: Gobble! on June 20, 2011, 02:04:19 PM

It's definitely cruel. It's the same as dog fighting.
I would watch both don't get me wrong but it is cruel and should be illegal.

I wonder if folks would feel the same way about this? I guess it would be considered research. I bet this duck will require hours of mental therapy
http://www.discoveryman.com/study-shows-duck-semen-kills-bacteria/