OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Which pot next?

Started by CG1997, February 11, 2023, 09:10:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CG1997

I know these discussions get brought up all the time but I always enjoy reading everyone's opinions. I currently have a Sinclair Padauk ceramic over glass and just sent off a Money order for one of Yinglings copper with carbon striker. What would you add to your arsenal next? 

PEte_A

I'd look to add 2 - a glass and a grey or green slate. Call makers I'd look at would include Lonzo, Clay Townsend, Buster, Mark Cornelius....

Tom007

Quote from: PEte_A on February 11, 2023, 09:17:51 PM
I'd look to add 2 - a glass and a grey or green slate. Call makers I'd look at would include Lonzo, Clay Townsend, Buster, Mark Cornelius....

Agree here. I would also add Brad Roberts and Jimmy Schafer to your list....good luck.....
"Solo hunter"

shatcher

Quote from: Tom007 on February 12, 2023, 06:33:32 AM

Agree here. I would also add Brad Roberts and Jimmy Schafer to your list....good luck.....
All of these are good.  Pick up a new one Jimmy Schaffer is doing.  It's grey slate over a smaller than normal slate soundboard.  I picked up one of these in a walnut pot at Unicoi.  I'm really liking it.  It makes the tone somewhere between grey and green.

wchadw

Only pot I'm really looking for is a Mabry glass

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Greg Massey

Contact Lon Trice and see if he has anything available in a crystal or glass... his pot calls are among the best ....my first choice is crystal ........

roosterstraw

I just picked up a crystal/carbon in acrylic from Buster. Great sounding pot.

Yoder409

Quote from: Tom007 on February 12, 2023, 06:33:32 AM

Yes and yes !!!

Do NOT overlook a Madhatter Track Player by Redbeard (Dean Mundhenke).

Got a slate over glass in yellowheart from Dean-O at Unicoi.  Lawdy, LAWDY !!!!!!!
PA elitist since 1979

The good Lord ain't made a gobbler I can't kill.  I just gotta be there at the right time.....  on the day he wants to die.

BTH

I'll throw out getting an aluminum surface pot. It can be a good tool to have in your arsenal. My favorites are the Dawkins stoned aluminum in the plastic pot as well as lonzo's stoned aluminum or anodized aluminum in his acrylic pot. The silver thunder extreme from Al over at Enticer is also a fantastic aluminum surface pot.

I got a stoned aluminum call from Buster last  year in the clear acrylic pot. Killed one with it first time out. I actually liked it better than my Lonzo stoned aluminum in the acrylic pot.
Phil 4:13

CG1997

I went ahead and grabbed a glass in persimmon from Mark Cornelius. Added bonus is there's slate on the back

Bowguy

I'll agree to aluminum and with Schafer, one surface is quickly becoming a favorite is green slate. I like Busters best but have a MAC, and Lonzo that do well for me also

EZ

Every suggestion is super.
I would like to add a name that's not so familiar....James Witmer. Anything he makes is stellar.

bowbird87

Slate:
Buster persimmon red
Brad Roberts cedar green

Glass/crystal
Buster hormigo glass or acrylic crystal
Oak ridge blue mahoe crystal
Lonzo glass
Brad Roberts glass/slate

Aluminum:
Lonzo acrylic is deadly

Zobo

Quote from: Greg Massey on February 12, 2023, 09:34:17 AM
Contact Lon Trice and see if he has anything available in a crystal or glass... his pot calls are among the best ....my first choice is crystal ........

Agree. I have a Lonzo crystal over slate that's magnificent. I use Obssesion Rutland strikers with it and it can't be beat, highly recommend. Remember the striker's half the battle.
Stand still, and consider the wonderous works of God  Job:37:14