turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Making decisions

Started by sugarray, June 20, 2011, 12:05:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sugarray

I have been wanting a new tattoo since my son was born.  My wife has resisted some, but since I have picked a font for the names of my children and the bible verse I want, she has really stepped up her protest.  I talked to a good friend yesterday and the advice he gave was "our decisions are not only about us".  So I decided to comprise and lose the verse.  As I tried to get my wife to help pick the exact location, she was really mad.  It took me about 3 hours, 2 hrs 59 mins and 59 secs too long, to finally realize what i needed to do.  There will not be another tattoo and I will cancel my appointment.  Just wanted to share my experience so maybe some young, newly married or new child, man will learn from my mistakes.  It is the others in our lives that make our life what it is.  My wife keeps my home running, my kids going, and gets me out of bed in the mornings.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

VAHUNTER

sounds like a smart move 
Good things come to those who wait

wildturkey6

After being married for 26 years I have come to the same conclusion Ray.We have to base our wants and needs on what two of us think and not be selfish enough to make bad decisions because we want something. By including your wife's wishes in that decision you have certainly strengthened the bond you have with her. That is the way to make your marriage last forever IMO. How ever if it were a turkey gun you were discussing buying you may have to take a little more time to convince her it is the right move. (joke). God bless you young man you are making the right decisions in life for your family.

guesswho

As long as its a two way street I have no problem traveling that road.
If I'm not back in five minutes, wait longer!
BodonkaDeke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff
Do unto others before others do unto you
Official Member Of The Unofficial Firedup Turkey
Calls Prostaff

lightsoutcalls

Good choice.  If you like to read, pick up the book "Love and Respect" by Emerson Eggerichs.  This book reveals a very simple, but very profound approach to marriage and marriage difficulties.  This principle has been a real eye opener for me.
Lights Out custom calls - what they're dying to hear!

flintlock

Quote from: lightsoutcalls on June 20, 2011, 09:34:32 AM
Good choice.  If you like to read, pick up the book "Love and Respect" by Emerson Eggerichs.  This book reveals a very simple, but very profound approach to marriage and marriage difficulties.  This principle has been a real eye opener for me.

I 2nd the book!
If you must smoke, please use BLACKPOWDER!

OLE RASPY

I would've got the tattoo and told her the clothes and dishes better be washed by the time i got back.

:TrainWreck1: :TooFunny: :TooFunny:

just kidding. :lol:   You did the right thing. :icon_thumright:

Tail Feathers

Respecting and considerng the feelings of your wife is a wise move.
Love to hunt the King of Spring!

anthonyjhallen

socalturkeyman

Quote from: OLE RASPY on June 20, 2011, 12:18:42 PM
I would've got the tattoo and told her the clothes and dishes better be washed by the time i got back.

lol

:TrainWreck1: :TooFunny: :TooFunny:

just kidding. :lol:   You did the right thing. :icon_thumright:
A shot not taken,is a shot missed!
Juan Galindo-Last Light Taxidermy

vaturkey

Sugarray

I do understand your decision somewhat to keep peace & harmony in the household, but I really don't think it would be a mistake to honor your children with a tattoo of their names & a bible verse. Sounds like you already have one tattoo. I never was the tattoo type but I always appreciated beautiful art. When my son died 5 years ago , I got a tattoo as a tribute to him & I have never regretted it. Just my opinion .

vaturkey   :newmascot:
Vaturkey

savduck

As a married man with young children I say wise choice, but i also say you gained bargaining chips on something else later.  :icon_thumright:
Georgia Boy

Jay

Get the tatoo, and show her who's boss. Of course I've been divorced twice, so take that advice for what it's worth :TooFunny:

Shotgun

Where as I agree that giving in to the wife is not a bad move.  A strong negotiator never gives in with out getting something in return.  The price of a tat to could be close the price of an out state hunting trip  ;)

sugarray

I do have a plan . . .

[attachment deleted by admin]