OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Wingbones

Started by Guskie, January 13, 2023, 07:56:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Guskie

This is my second and fourth wingbones I've made. Have to say, it's a lot fun. Especially over a long cold winter. The left one is a fall hen I killed this year and right one is a jake my wife killed last spring. They sound really nice. Can't wait to get more wings to play with different lengths.

Sent from my SM-G991U1 using Tapatalk

GregGwaltney

I think they look great.
gwaltneygamecalls.com

2024 S.E. Comp-1st Place & Best in Class Trumpet
2024 Grand Nat'l-1st Air Operated Trumpet
2024 Grand Nat'l-2nd Air Operated Trumpet
2023 Grand Nat'l-2nd Air Operated Trumpet
2023 S.E. Comp-3rd Place Trumpet
2022 Grand Nat'l-5th Air Operated Trumpet
2021 Grand Nat'l-2nd Air Operated Trumpet
2021 Grand Nat'l-5th Air Operated Trumpet
2019 Grand Nat'l-3rd Air Operated Trumpet

3bailey3

they do look very nice!

Zobo

Stand still, and consider the wonderous works of God  Job:37:14

Guskie

Thanks guys! I used coffee to stain the ulna and humerus bones. I think turning the cork lip stops is toughest part. Still need work at that

Meleagris gallopavo

They look awesome!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I live and hunt by empirical evidence.

turkey stew

sbbow

Those look very nice!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

superx2

Guskie

The hen bone is 8.25" inches and the jake bone is 8". They definately pull air differently. Can anyone expand on the effects of overall call length and tone and rollover?

Thanks again guys!  I've got two sets of gobbler bones that I've got cleaned up. I may try to narrow the radius bone with epoxy on these bigger bones.

Muzzy61

They look really nice.
Print by Madison Cline, on Flickr

EZ

They are absolutely gorgeous, but there's a lot more to the story than these being your "2nd and 4th" wingbones.

I didn't just roll off the wingbone turnip truck, lol. There's a WHOLE LOT of research, mentoring, question and answering, processes, materials etc. involved than you're letting on.

Just be up front about that.

Guskie

Yes sir Tony, there is a lot of work that goes into make them. It's a long cold winter here, so I had time on my side, lol. Thanks for the compliments

EZ

Did you build fishing rods before? Your thread wrapping is as good as I've ever seen. What's the back story?

Guskie

I haven't built rods, but I did research the techniques and applied that to the wing bones. I'd love to chat with ya Tony. Your beautiful calls are always topnotch and I've heard they sound even better!