OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Laminated Maple - Walnut - Yellowheart Turkey Call Soundfile Added

Started by Sir-diealot, May 06, 2022, 06:39:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sir-diealot

I made myself another call, Laminated Maple - Walnut - Yellowheart Turkey Call with a Cherry soundboard and crystal striking surface using a kit from Cross Road Game Calls, the third pot call I have made from them, I had also made a box call from them. It has been sitting for a bit more than 24 hrs. ,  now just to agitate it and hope my glue job holds. I can't remember if I am supposed to use a stone on crystal though? I adding this soundfile, just keep in mind it is in my living room and I do not have much on my walls and hardwood floors so it does not sound the greatest. That and I do not play the greatest :D https://soundcloud.com/user-933394494/call-i-made-mp3-1?utm_source=clipboard&utm_medium=text&utm_campaign=social_sharing

Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

mastevt

You can use a stone to dress it.  I actually tell all my customers to use a stone.  Personally I think a stoned dresses glass or Chrystal sounds better than any other means.  But that's my opinion.   
Nice job on the call!
Sent from my SM-A326U using Tapatalk

Sir-diealot

Quote from: mastevt on May 06, 2022, 07:46:47 PM
You can use a stone to dress it.  I actually tell all my customers to use a stone.  Personally I think a stoned dresses glass or Chrystal sounds better than any other means.  But that's my opinion.   
Nice job on the call!
Sent from my SM-A326U using Tapatalk
Thank you very much. I added a sound file above, but I am in a room that is not the best acoustically speaking.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:

moyehow

Sir-diealot

Quote from: moyehow on March 20, 2023, 08:47:44 PM
Nice looking call.   Love the combination
Thank you, I do not know if you saw but it is from a kit, I do everything except making the pot. I do all the sanding by hand but my hands are getting to the point I am going to have to find another way. I have a makeshift spray station in my apartment but have to the the GF and the dog to her house so the fumes do not bother them as I only have the one mask.

John Koenig: