OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Cody calls

Started by Stumpy13, December 24, 2022, 09:37:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stumpy13

I saw in some of the posts on here that Cody calls would possibly return this fall.does anyone have an update on them?

Yoder409

Tried calling them a couple weeks ago and got the same recording I got 6-8 months ago, so.......

Dunno.
PA elitist since 1979

The good Lord ain't made a gobbler I can't kill.  I just gotta be there at the right time.....  on the day he wants to die.

Stumpy13

Hopefully they  will fire back up for this spring but it sure seems doubtful.

Hevishot 13

Any word yet? I was thinking about this earlier today. I sure hate the thought of them being down for the count.

Stumpy13

The prices these calls getting on EBay , sure make it look lucrative for them to come back .

MK M GOBL

UPDATE: CODY TURKEY CALLS

Down but not out, talked to Debbie a month + ago and they are making progress, some machines are hooked up but not all of them. Still closed but getting closer.

MK M GOBL

runngun

I have been searching high and low for a Spec 1 and or World Class!!! I hope that they are able to get back to making their calls.  I  loaned a call out and never able to get it back. I  want one to hunt with not for resale!!!

Have a good one, Bo

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

Blessed are the peacemakers for they are the children of God.

Greg Massey

I've heard them say for the last several years we are almost ready to go back into production. I think with it being the NWTF 50 year they missed a great opportunity to start production back up with a tribute to the 50 year anniversary. I will believe it when i see them making calls again. If they ever do start back up production the back log will take forever to recover from all the people wanting a call from them. Personally i think they are better calls available from other builders.  IMO

Tom007

Quote from: Greg Massey on February 06, 2023, 10:19:15 AM
I've heard them say for the last several years we are almost ready to go back into production. I think with it being the NWTF 50 year they missed a great opportunity to start production back up with a tribute to the 50 year anniversary. I will believe it when i see them making calls again. If they ever do start back up production the back log will take forever to recover from all the people wanting a call from them. Personally i think they are better calls available from other builders.  IMO

I agree, we have been hearing this for awhile now. If I was in their shoes looking at the call market pricing on their World Class, and Spec 1's, I would want that production open sooner than later for sure....
"Solo hunter"

3bailey3

I agree I don't see it happening, been down too long!

Number17

Quote from: runngun on February 06, 2023, 08:11:03 AM
I have been searching high and low for a Spec 1 and or World Class!!! I hope that they are able to get back to making their calls.  I  loaned a call out and never able to get it back. I  want one to hunt with not for resale!!!

Have a good one, Bo

If you want one to hunt with their are better sounding calls available. Get ahold of Scott Weiss on Facebook and tell him to build you a call like my green slate zebrawood pot. I owned and hunted a Spec I Legend for a year until Scott built me a call that he thought would duplicate it. He actually made a better call. I sold the Cody for a nice little profit and kept the better sounding call.
That's no joke.
#Gun
#Shells
#couple calls

YelpOnTheWay

I have a 3 inch Slate call made by Appalachian Custom Calls that sounds similar to my Cody slate. Pretty sweet sounding just a little higher pitched.

wchadw

Dunno. There's something about
Cody world class slate that the birds love. Killed at least one every year with it since I got it probably 10 years ago

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Louisiana Longbeard

Quote from: Number17 on February 07, 2023, 08:55:37 AM
Quote from: runngun on February 06, 2023, 08:11:03 AM

Have a good one, Bo

There may be some that are as good, but I doubt there are many that are better sounding!
If you want one to hunt with there are better sounding calls available. Get ahold of Scott Weiss on Facebook and tell him to build you a call like my green slate zebrawood pot. I owned and hunted a Spec I Legend for a year until Scott built me a call that he thought would duplicate it. He actually made a better call. I sold the Cody for a nice little profit and kept the better sounding call.
That's no joke.

runngun

Absolutely percent correct. I have acquired a Cody World Class slate, Spec 1 slate, World Class Glass-Mossy Oak edition,  Spec 2 slate and a Spec 2 Glass, they will all be with me in the woods. I have a bunch of pot calls. But to me, none compare to my Cody's. I just developed confidence in Cody's and that's something I have to have.

Have a good one and May God bless y'all, Bo

Blessed are the peacemakers for they are the children of God.