turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Deer Harvest Report

Started by RiverBuck, December 17, 2022, 02:22:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RiverBuck

My head has been focused on this spring turkey season but with deer season coming to a close, post your pics.
I mainly hunt with a bow during deer season and although this is a turkey forum, it's nice to see success in all aspects of hunting... This was a buck I had a little history with. He was the largest I had on my farm and I caught him often on a trail cam rubbing a vine I zip tied to a sapling over a mock scrape. I waited for the right wind condition and set up in my saddle 20 yards away from the mock scrape on October 30th. I sat all day and saw a bunch of deer then 45 minutes before sunset the two young bucks hanging out around me stopped and stared the direction behind me. I heard him crunching leaves and headed my way. He was walking with authority and all his hairs were bristled up. He put his head down and faced his rack toward one of the bucks and that buck ran off. He then set his sights on the next buck, I drew back without either buck seeing me, and made a perfect 18 yard shot. He went 40 yards and these are the pictures I took as I walked up to him. Then I thanked God, sat on the log his head was resting on and took this selfie.

Yoder409

Nice one !!!!!!!

CONGRATS !!!!!
PA elitist since 1979

The good Lord ain't made a gobbler I can't kill.  I just gotta be there at the right time.....  on the day he wants to die.

Tail Feathers

Started in bow season with my first ever stick and string deer.  This doe with my Excalibur crossbow.

This was one of the better ones I saw all season.  It was a good season overall.

Love to hunt the King of Spring!

Tom007

Wow, real nice ones!. Congrats
"Solo hunter"

captpete

I have only shot one doe this year(sorry no pics) and haven't seen a buck much bigger than a spike. I did shoot this guy last year on Veteran's Day.
IMG_3203 by K Pete, on Flickr

Resized_20211111_094759 by K Pete, on Flickr

Tom007

That's a slammer, congrats...
"Solo hunter"

nativeks

This year's kill and last year's both bow kills

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Tom007

"Solo hunter"