OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Gaiters

Started by 10gaugemag, December 11, 2022, 12:07:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HillclimberWV

Another vote for kenetrek. Only thing i dont like is the cinch at the top nevers seems to stay tight. They do keepp alot of moisture, sticks, and briars off your pants and boots. Had a pair of outdoor research at one time. They were tough as nails but loud.
Print by Madison Cline, on Flickr

10gaugemag

Ended up with OR Crocs.

A member on another forum had a brand new pair in package worth the $$.

Thanks for the input and suggestions.

TauntoHawk

What I will warm about is if you apply too much permethrin it will hurt the water resistance proofing. Had a pair of first lite gaiters that were great but after a few seasons of spraying down for ticks started soaking out easily.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Mossberg90MN

I got some Kenetrek Gaiters. They're cool, make my legs a little warm in that area and they make a slosh sound if they touch or rub up against something.

But it's nice to have something to keep your pants from getting wet or getting burrs. I mainly only use them if I'm wearing my crispi boots, my go to is rubber boots.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Matt76cmich

How do the gaiters work with big calves (19.5")? I've been thinking about getting a pair the last few years for the wet walks in the dark.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

aclawrence

Quote from: Matt76cmich on December 30, 2022, 06:54:24 PM
How do the gaiters work with big calves (19.5")? I've been thinking about getting a pair the last few years for the wet walks in the dark.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk
Many of the brands offer different sizes. You could look up Kenetrek, Outdoor Research,  Kuiu, First Lite, Turtle Skins, I'm sure there's many more and some of them are bound to fit you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk