OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Optic ready Mossbergs

Started by ChesterCopperpot, December 13, 2022, 02:17:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChesterCopperpot

tmcguire

Very nice! Love my 940 turkey Pro, hope they continue down this line. Now you have guns with 3.5" chambers which was only gripe I had with the 940's. Would be great to have a 20 or 410 auto optic ready.

Matt76cmich

Nice! Hoping they come out with a 20 gauge 940 pro with a pistol grip at some point. Be nice to see one of the pumps with a pistol grip option from factory too.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

RiverBuck

That low profile receiver cut is nice.
My 935 turkey has the sumtoy mount and pistol grip... pretty much set up exactly how I like a turkey shotgun so these don't make me want to get one but I commend Mossberg for adding that upgrade for turkey hunters.

HookedonHooks

Quote from: tmcguire on December 16, 2022, 11:55:59 AM
Very nice! Love my 940 turkey Pro, hope they continue down this line. Now you have guns with 3.5" chambers which was only gripe I had with the 940's. Would be great to have a 20 or 410 auto optic ready.
This article didn't highlight the other two they added to their turkey lineup as well. It's not as exciting as the 500 & 835 upgrades, but still interesting. They already make the SA-410 in OG Bottomland for a turkey model as well as they had done previous small runs of the SA-20 in Obsession. They revamped the SA-20 and SA-28 with Greenleaf furniture and pistol grips. Both these models like the previous SA series turkey models have a picatinny rail and ghost ring sights from the factory, I would have preferred a recessed optic cut myself, but they are red dot ready.

Matt76cmich

Quote from: HookedonHooks on December 17, 2022, 07:22:33 AM
Quote from: tmcguire on December 16, 2022, 11:55:59 AM
This article didn't highlight the other two they added to their turkey lineup as well. It's not as exciting as the 500 & 835 upgrades, but still interesting. They already make the SA-410 in OG Bottomland for a turkey model as well as they had done previous small runs of the SA-20 in Obsession. They revamped the SA-20 and SA-28 with Greenleaf furniture and pistol grips. Both these models like the previous SA series turkey models have a picatinny rail and ghost ring sights from the factory, I would have preferred a recessed optic cut myself, but they are red dot ready.
Thank you, I didn't see that at all.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

Ridge Rooster

In my opinion if they would bring back the "Lightning Trigger System" I think thats what they called it? They would have nearly perfect turkey guns! The MCARBO spring upgrade is nice but the old adjustable rifle like trigger would really be a nice upgrade with the cut out Red Dot mounting system and camo options they are offering, would push me into another turkey gun, which I already have more than I need! Lol

Ridge Rooster
Old School 11-87 + Nitros = Dead Ridge Roosters