turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Another killer for the collection

Started by Sim1982, October 19, 2022, 07:39:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sim1982

Just received this tulipwood blue mahoe short box today from preacherman and man does this box sing. Can say with certainty that it's top 5 of my favorite combinations. Very clear front with amazing rasp on the back end. If you don't own a short box with a tulip lid I recommend giving it a try

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dr Juice

That's a beaut for sure. Good luck with it

turkey stew

Yoder409

PA elitist since 1979

The good Lord ain't made a gobbler I can't kill.  I just gotta be there at the right time.....  on the day he wants to die.

Thoms

Great looking call!

Terry

I like that

Sim1982

Thanks it's gonna get plenty of use this spring I have a pile of tulipwood so getting a bunch of calls made which I will use exclusively this coming season

Sir-diealot

Love tulip wood, my favorite wood by far. Jody Harrison is a great guy and fun to be around. I really like him. I have two of his calls but not a box yet, hope to get one from him in the future. He has had some peach wood calls on his site that intrigue me as well.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

Sim1982

Yeah tulip over peach sounds like an intriguing combo

Zobo

I love Jody's calls. His boxes have definitely evolved over the years. They're quite, best word I can think of is, spectacular looking.
Stand still, and consider the wonderous works of God  Job:37:14

Beards and Hooks

Sweet looking box Jamie, I bet she sounds great.

Les C

Sim1982

It sounds phenomenal it really pairs well with the mahoe. I just got done cutting a 13 inch piece to send to Ernie to get a long box made I can't wait to see how that turns out

Greg Massey

Tulipwood makes for a fine looking call... congrats

greentrout

That is an excellent looking call! Nice combo
Looking to buy Allen Dunfee scratch boxes.