turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Lost My Scratch Box - Looking to replace it but need a little help

Started by tman74, October 15, 2022, 04:01:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tman74

Hi as the title says I lost my scratch box last weekend and I'd like to buy the exact one to replace it but for the life of me I can't remember the exact name of the call maker (dumb I know). I believe it's Maple Valley or something of the sort and do remember a while back when I looked on their site they didn't have scratch boxes listed but a variety of pot calls. The box itself was rectangular in shape without an arched area where the striker makes contact. Does anyone have any ideas? Anything is appreciated. Thanks

3bailey3

The SS guys have some very nice ones listed in the classified, they make some great scratchers!

outdoors

Quote from: 3bailey3 on October 15, 2022, 05:29:53 PM
The SS guys have some very nice ones listed in the classified, they make some great scratchers!
:z-winnersmiley:
Sun Shine State { Osceola }
http://m.myfwc.com/media/4132227/turkeyhuntnoquota.jpg

noisy box call that seems to sound like a flock of juvenile hens pecking their way through a wheat field

turkey stew

SSCustom call have some mighty fine scratchers listed on their website that run all turkey.

tman74

Thanks guys I'll check them out. I remembered the name of the call maker it was Spring Valley Calls.

donjuan

Spring valley made excellent scratch boxes but I think he said he's slowing down making calls
Whoever said you can't kill em from the couch never was good enough to call a gobbler into the living room

donjuan

Whoever said you can't kill em from the couch never was good enough to call a gobbler into the living room

TJ3152

I purchased 3 scratch boxes from SS Custom Calls to give to family members and one for myself. They are all outstanding. Killed a rio in Texas the first time I used my scratch box. Like the others have said, you can't go wrong when purchasing an SS turkey call of any kind.

SS Calls

Quote from: TJ3152 on October 18, 2022, 08:52:40 PM
I purchased 3 scratch boxes from SS Custom Calls to give to family members and one for myself. They are all outstanding. Killed a rio in Texas the first time I used my scratch box. Like the others have said, you can't go wrong when purchasing an SS turkey call of any kind.

Thanks for the nice words. Glad you like the calls you got from us!
Thanks everyone for your comments!

tman74

Thanks for the replies fellas. Just a quick update I went with a different callmaker but will keep SS for any future calls.
????

Beards and Hooks

Quote from: tman74 on November 03, 2022, 07:25:05 AM
Thanks for the replies fellas. Just a quick update I went with a different callmaker but will keep SS for any future calls.
????
You'll love them once you.give them a try, who did you go with and how you liking if?

Sir-diealot

I have 2 S&S scratch boxes and they both have a very good and different sound from one another. Very comfortable in the hands and easy to play. I would also suggest them to anyone.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

tman74

Quote from: Sir-diealot on November 06, 2022, 12:49:30 PM
I have 2 S&S scratch boxes and they both have a very good and different sound from one another. Very comfortable in the hands and easy to play. I would also suggest them to anyone.

I ended up with one of Jeff White's calls. Curly maple box with apersimmon and osage strikers. A very nice call but the box is different than the Spring Valley call I had. Jeff's has an arched sound board and the Spring Valley was straight. I'll just have to get used to it. I could really make music with my last call, with this one I need to practice but can only do so when my family is out of the house lol.

Sir-diealot

Quote from: tman74 on November 20, 2022, 08:54:15 AM

I ended up with one of Jeff White's calls. Curly maple box with apersimmon and osage strikers. A very nice call but the box is different than the Spring Valley call I had. Jeff's has an arched sound board and the Spring Valley was straight. I'll just have to get used to it. I could really make music with my last call, with this one I need to practice but can only do so when my family is out of the house lol.
Hope you can post a picture. The easiest one I have ever played was my first and the striker portion was lost, the guy is no longer around, I would love to have somebody make me a striker like his, his had a piece of rounded slate on the elongated piece of wood. North Woods
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

tman74

Quote from: Sir-diealot on November 20, 2022, 03:51:45 PM
Quote from: tman74 on November 20, 2022, 08:54:15 AM

Hope you can post a picture. The easiest one I have ever played was my first and the striker portion was lost, the guy is no longer around, I would love to have somebody make me a striker like his, his had a piece of rounded slate on the elongated piece of wood. North Woods