turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Happy Fathers Day

Started by vaturkey, June 18, 2011, 12:10:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gatrkyhntr70

Thanks Vaturkey; Happy Fathers day to you! Happy Fathers Day to everyone else also! :icon_thumright:
<- <- <= <- <- <- <-

Jay

I had a great Fathers Day at one of my sons. He grilled up my favorite, BBQ ribs. Yummy. We played Cribbage on the patio till dark, which is a family favorite game. Got to see my great grandaughter, who is the cutest dang baby I've ever seen. Lot of good conversation, along with a few beers. I had heard about some recent neighborhood visitors, but had never seen them. As we are sitting outside, I hear some weird sounds, and my son takes off with me behind him. A couple of houses away peckin in a neighbors yard is 4 Guinea Hens. I had never seen Guineas before, so that was pretty cool. They really looked a lot like small Turkey Hens with shorter legs in a gray color vs Brown. You can definitely tell they are related. No one knows where they came from, since they are now wild and roam the neighborhood. There were 2 males with the group at one time, but they are now gone. My son once called them in with Turkey calls, and they roosted in his tree overnight. I don't know if they'll be able to handle our Winters, or survive traffic since they wander down the streets at times.

hookedspur

CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions