OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Whos having spring withdraws?

Started by socalturkeyman, June 17, 2011, 08:43:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

socalturkeyman

Im a train wreck right now,not even trout fishing is helping me out. Seems like I hook into a nice fish and all I can think about is gobblers. I wont even pay attention to the poles and Im looking in the hills for birds lol. Im freakin sick.
A shot not taken,is a shot missed!
Juan Galindo-Last Light Taxidermy

guesswho

If I'm not back in five minutes, wait longer!
BodonkaDeke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff
Do unto others before others do unto you
Official Member Of The Unofficial Firedup Turkey
Calls Prostaff

redarrow

Since I shot my all time best gobbler this year I have been a wreck since April. I have managed to shoot 4 groundhogs with the crossbow though.It helps a little.Early doe season should help, but that wont be til late September.

Ol'Mossy

I had a dream I was hunting turkeys the other night  :help:

MarkJM

Well now that the spring season is over i am very anxious for the archery season coming up. dove and duck hunting helps pass the time till the late season when the doe are in heat and the bucks are rutting.
MuellerCustomCalls

Jay

I'm actually not this year. Hunted hard in 3 states, and was freaken wore out, by the time I dragged in from Kansas at the end.

drenalinld

I have a lonbeard that roosts about 300 yard from my back door and several mornings this week he gobbled while I was getting in the truck to go to work. I am in real pain.....lol
Also, I hate Summer!

TRKYHTR

It took me about 3 days after my last hunt. Then I was ready to hunt again.

TRKYHTR
RIP Marvin Robbins

[img]http://i261.photobuck

Flydown

CASH

A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands, love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper; his hands remember the rifle.

Gbblr-killer

is it over?????? ARGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

READY FOR FALL!!!!!!!

vaturkey

Im still waking up between 4:00 & 4:30 every morning !!   

:newmascot:

Vaturkey

socalturkeyman

I think I might have to take the decoys out and take a shot or two at them to keep me sane  lol. I dont ever use them really anyway. :toothy12:
A shot not taken,is a shot missed!
Juan Galindo-Last Light Taxidermy

Tail Feathers

I got a small reprieve today.  I took a bunch of call out to a Women in the Outdoors Event and taught a couple hours on calling turkeys.

One of the women had five of the six world slam, missing on the Goulds, and was fascinated with what I was showing.  She said she managed all that and couldn't call worth a lick.  She's a "patient" hunter as she put it.

I really enjoyed it.  Half the women had never turkey hunted and the other half were fairly experienced but none claimed to be much of a caller.  One came specifically to learn to mouth call.  I did the best I could but she hadn't really caught it before our session ended.
Temps his 100 but we had a shady spot and everyone had a good time.  If you have a chance, go help out at one of these things.  Some of these women really rock. :you_rock:
Love to hunt the King of Spring!

WiLL B

I have them every year! One good thing about getting older is the seasons come back around quicker than they used to! I still cannot believe it is 2011, I am still waiting on the Y2K bug!