Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Are you a turkey hunting addict or a wanna be?

Started by Paulmyr, October 02, 2022, 01:50:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

eggshell

Ditto to what Happy said. I enjoy the heck out of turkey hunting but I don't display it in public, so my answer is no. I'll turn in my club card and just mushroom hunt, if a turkey gets in my mushroom patch I'll shoot him to defend my shrooms....

Before anyone tilts, it's just funning around

Tom007

My "gobble" ringtone has been a very positive thing for me. When certain people in my circle hear it that are unfamiliar with Turkey sounds, they are inquisitive, and ask what it is. When I tell them it's a wild Turkey calling, they say Wow, did not know that was a Turkey. Believe it or not, it has led me to be able to hunt some private parcels where these people heard the now familiar gobbles. Have not had any "Negative" reactions from the ringer. I silence it in crowds, restaurants, etc. Be well, be safe
"Solo hunter"

Upfold99

Quote from: Yoder409 on October 02, 2022, 02:31:07 PM
Beyond addict.   But my ringtone is a cardinal.  Never have to turn the ringer down in the turkey woods.  Can have a bird in my lap and my phone rings..........turkey never flinches.
Great idea!

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Upfold99

Quote from: roberthyman14 on October 02, 2022, 08:44:12 PM
Quote from: Upfold99 on October 02, 2022, 08:36:38 AM
When I wake office computer up it plays a spring morning with different song birds. At the end of the sequence a crow fires off and you know what answers him.

Email notification is an owl

How do you setup your computer to do that

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
I have the sounds downloaded to a file. The change the notification sound. I think its called windows start up sound.

WV Flopper

After 34 years I haven't figured it out. Hopefully, before I die I will figure out where I stand on this one. I hope to not miss a spring in the woods until I die.

Kind of hate to die in the woods, just because I realize it would be a pain for the people whom sometimes like me. But, thats where I hope to draw my last breath!

roberthyman14

Quote from: Upfold99 on October 04, 2022, 05:08:17 PM
Quote from: roberthyman14 on October 02, 2022, 08:44:12 PM
Quote from: Upfold99 on October 02, 2022, 08:36:38 AM
When I wake office computer up it plays a spring morning with different song birds. At the end of the sequence a crow fires off and you know what answers him.

Email notification is an owl

How do you setup your computer to do that

I have the sounds downloaded to a file. The change the notification sound. I think its called windows start up sound.

Thank you.  I'll try it tomorrow

Sir-diealot

Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

the Ward

I'm a wanna be. I wanna be hunting turkeys right now instead of sitting in this dock waiting to get loaded.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ShootingABN!