Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Reflex Sight Recommendation for 870 Youth 20?

Started by BDeal, July 30, 2022, 11:01:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Greg Massey

Quote from: BDeal on August 09, 2022, 10:56:47 AM
You dont need to remove the sight to change the battery on a FF3 correct?
You don't have to remove it to change the battery .. I bought one before this past spring season, and i will never buy another one.. the battery cap is so easy to strip and it's a pain to put on and remove ... if you buy one you will see.... my suggestion is to buy the Kingslayer or Holosun

Neill_Prater

I also prefer green, and the circle dot. I went with a Holosun when I switched from a tube type red dot a couple of years ago and am quite happy with it.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

BDeal

Quote from: Greg Massey on August 09, 2022, 11:22:17 AM
You don't have to remove it to change the battery .. I bought one before this past spring season, and i will never buy another one.. the battery cap is so easy to strip and it's a pain to put on and remove ... if you buy one you will see.... my suggestion is to buy the Kingslayer or Holosun

I had heard nothing but good about the Burris FF until I read this. Have others had issues with this as well? Thanks!

Tail Feathers

I've heard that from others and see it on Amazon reviews.  The secret appears to be to use only Duracell batteries.  So say the turkey hunters that posted that info.  It allows the cover to go back on pretty easy.  I don't have one, this is what I read.
Love to hunt the King of Spring!

Tom007

Quote from: Tail Feathers on August 10, 2022, 04:16:10 PM
I've heard that from others and see it on Amazon reviews.  The secret appears to be to use only Duracell batteries.  So say the turkey hunters that posted that info.  It allows the cover to go back on pretty easy.  I don't have one, this is what I read.

You are correct. Burris told me the Duracell works perfectly, easy in, easy out, no cover issues. I have 2 of them. I do however prefer the 8 MOA dot. Works perfectly...
"Solo hunter"

Swampmonkey

My wife's youth 20ga is set up with a vortex venom 3moa as is my 12ga. Have been very pleased last few seasons. Also have a leopould delta point on a 410 thats great but not sure if it was worth the price difference... Hope this helps.

Spring Creek Calls

I put a Bushnell RXS100 and a Meadow Creek rib mount on my SA-28. It has worked well for me.
2014  SE Call Makers Short Box 2nd Place
2017  Buckeye Challenge Long Box 5th Place
2018  Mountain State Short Box 2nd Place
2019  Mountain State Short Box 1st Place
2019  NWTF Great Lakes Scratch Box 4th Place
2020 NWTF GNCC Amateur 5th Place Box
2021 Mountain State 3rd Place Short Box
2021 SE Callmakers 1st & 2nd Short Box
E-mail: gobblez@aol.com