OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Timberkreek Carving Wing Bone Call

Started by 243kid, July 09, 2022, 07:28:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

243kid

I am considering ordering one of these wing bone calls.
I am very impressed with the quality and sound of these wing bones.
The 2" spur is a piece of goat horn!

Tarheel

One thing you can know with confidence, when you get it, it will play.....and spit feathers!!!

EZ

Not sure who makes that but it's beautiful.

sbbow

I have one of his on order. His name is Jason P Shaffer. He done a couple sound files on FB.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

243kid

He also makes a field grade wing bone call for hunters!

sbbow

I got mine in the mail today this call is phenomenal!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tarheel

I really like the clean look of Jason's wingbone yelpers.  His design and style to me is what I call "old school" nice.  I'm not being critical of wrapped wingbone yelpers, they look nice, too.  I just prefer my wingbones clean, and Jason fills that niche nicely.  His wingbones are consistently all turkey, so it is a win-win in looks and sound.  His art on the calls is exceptional, and makes for a nice call to look at when hunting gets a little slow.....LOL!!!

crow

Quote from: 243kid on July 09, 2022, 07:28:05 PM
I am considering ordering one of these wing bone calls.
I am very impressed with the quality and sound of these wing bones.
The 2" spur is a piece of goat horn!

You'll poke your eye out Kid

EZ

Quote from: Tarheel on July 16, 2022, 12:50:36 AM
I really like the clean look of Jason's wingbone yelpers.  His design and style to me is what I call "old school" nice.  I'm not being critical of wrapped wingbone yelpers, they look nice, too.  I just prefer my wingbones clean, and Jason fills that niche nicely.  His wingbones are consistently all turkey, so it is a win-win in looks and sound.  His art on the calls is exceptional, and makes for a nice call to look at when hunting gets a little slow.....LOL!!!

I like them too, very sharp and clean. Wrapping the joints isn't for looks, it's for strength at the joint.

TINEnSPUR

I have made many wing bone calls for myself, family, and friends.Mine are plain and much simpler than Jason's as I am no artist. The only thing I can draw is flies

Tarheel

I like turkey calls....especially hand-crafted turkey calls made by callmakers who are close personal friends. I especially like the turkey calls that I always take with me to the turkey woods. Normally, that list of calls is fairly short, but it has just expanded by one. This wingbone yelper plays as well as it looks and will be hunted...and during the quiet times in the woods when I have to be patient and let the gobblers do what gobblers do, I will get to admire the craftsmanship.

Greg Massey

Quote from: Tarheel on July 30, 2022, 09:08:01 AM
I like turkey calls....especially hand-crafted turkey calls made by callmakers who are close personal friends. I especially like the turkey calls that I always take with me to the turkey woods. Normally, that list of calls is fairly short, but it has just expanded by one. This wingbone yelper plays as well as it looks and will be hunted...and during the quiet times in the woods when I have to be patient and let the gobblers do what gobblers do, I will get to admire the craftsmanship.
Beautiful

crow

turkey stew

Jason was always known as dragonfly on the forums. He mainly made high quality leather call holsters and carved turkey totes.

Tarheel

I put a sound file video up on FB Sound File Central of Jason Shaffer's wingbone call.  Hopefully, I was able to the the call justice.