OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Thanks For PUTTING!!!

Started by 310 gauge, August 07, 2022, 05:37:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

310 gauge

Yesterday morning, shortly after 7 A.M., my Son called to tell me he was taking his Wife to the E.R. because she had been bitten by a Fox! They live in the center of one of our family's farms and are used to seeing all kinds of wildlife roaming through their yard. I decided to head out and have a look around. I did happen to take a little Remington 20 gauge in case of running across this bad attitude canine myself. After walking the yard and barn areas I began giving fresh water to their chickens and the three Turkeys they keep. I was pulling the water hose down to our Lab's pen when I heard it...PUTT PUTT...PUTT PUTT PUTT... so I wheeled around at our Hen's danger alarm! Running straight at me, ignoring the chickens, the turkeys, and the free ranging rooster, was a half grown Gray Fox! I quickly shouldered the 20 and rolled him out at a short 16 yards from my bare legs! Called my Son and told him I had good news and bad news. Wanting the bad first, I told him he needed a new water hose. O.K. so what's the good ?...I've shot your Fox. Took him to Animal Control where they'll be sending the head to the State Lab for rabies testing. My Daughter in Law received a shot in each arm, a shot in her hip, and four injections around the bite area on her ankle. Also, two kinds of medicines orally ,one which made her sick, were administered. She is to have another shot tomorrow and more later if rabies is confirmed. Folks let me tell you that in the future when I hear that familiar PUTT PUTT PUTT I will remember this day and be thankful that her warning saved me from having a leak in my leg also!!!

Gog1015

Pics for 310 gauge
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gog1015

tal

Keep us posted. Prayers for negative tests for the rabies. Give that bird extra feed.

guesswho

Yikes.   I hope the tests come back negative, and hope your daughter in law has a full and speedy recovery.   But that doesn't sound like the actions of a healthy Fox.   
If I'm not back in five minutes, wait longer!
BodonkaDeke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff
Do unto others before others do unto you
Official Member Of The Unofficial Firedup Turkey
Calls Prostaff

Tom007

Wow, I wish you well for a positive outcome........
"Solo hunter"

Greg Massey

the Ward

That's some crazy stuff! Hope everything goes ok and there is no rabies!

JeffC

Prayers out to your daughter-in-law, glad you were "prepared". Order up some grasshoppers for your feathered friend who had your back!
Print by Madison Cline, on Flickr

Zobo

You see, it does pay to be a turkey hunter!
Stand still, and consider the wonderous works of God  Job:37:14

Turkeybutt

We all will keep a good thought. We will be thinking about your daughter in Law.

ChesterCopperpot

Shooo! Thing looks rough!

jhoward11

Bad bite! hope everything works out for her.