Main Menu

Franchi Affinity 3 20ga .575 choke

Started by bwhana, May 23, 2022, 01:28:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bwhana

Apex 3" 9, Trulock .575 non-ported, lasered 40 yd, no wind, 80 degrees full sun

bwhana

mountainhunter1

More good patterns from yourself. We both know guys chase numbers, but 250/250 at HUNTING distances will kill every single turkey you shoot stone dead. Absolutely impossible to miss a bird with that pattern unless you are simply not aiming. The twenty to me is just about as important as the ten when you are dealing with excitement on both ends (You and the turkey) and things are moving around. Would loved to have seen the twenty on your third included pattern.

I also like the 296/231 a lot as well and figured the .585 would beat out the .575 in the ten ring. I would have a hard time deciding which to carry to the woods. If you are hunting fields, maybe the .585, but otherwise I would be tempted to carry the .575. Thanks for sharing.
"I said to the Lord, "You are my Master! Everything good thing I have comes from You." (Psalm 16:2)

Romans 6:23, Romans 10:13

Ranman

Bamaslayer757

My gosh...I went with the .585 but dang son...I love this .575...wish I had seen this before buying the .585 so won't switch now but love that.

ragin-cajun

This is how a pattern should be displayed.. good info.
Wild Turkey

bwhana

Adding 4 choke patterns from the same gun and ammo for quick reference...

mountainhunter1

Posting those side by side like that is even better to help folks make wise choices as a starting point in trying to get the most out of their guns. They still hopefully will do their homework, but these pattern pages help folks to have at least a ball park idea of what they might can expect from a certain barrel/choke combination.

I love indian creek, but as your pattern shows - many times that .555 just leaves too much to be desired in the outer part of the twenty ring. I can only imagine how many birds have been missed in the heat of a moment with that type setup and the bird at closer ranges. Have you tried a .562 or maybe even more so a .570 IC out of that gun with the same load? Don't waste your ammo for me, but if you have shot either of those, especially the .570 IC, I would love to see your patterns with that same load out of your Franchi. I bet the .570 IC out of your gun will shine. But there is nothing wrong with your Trulock patterns even if you don't test any further. As always, I love to see your results.
"I said to the Lord, "You are my Master! Everything good thing I have comes from You." (Psalm 16:2)

Romans 6:23, Romans 10:13

bwhana

I tried a Sumtoy .562, but didn't post a pic from it since it hit lower on the target than the others and didn't capture the full pattern well.  I liked the .555 IC better and hunted with it this season. The 575 will be my choke next spring.

bwhana

For those interested in trying the .575, you can buy it here for $25 + shipping vs $50 + shipping direct from Trulock.
https://www.midwestgunworks.com/page/mgwi/prod/83022p