Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Kingslayer with green circle dot...will I like it?

Started by Tail Feathers, June 25, 2022, 01:55:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tail Feathers

Who here has hunted with the Kingslayer green circle dot.  I've read of many who like the green, so I feel pretty comfortable with the color, but is the dot too big or too small?  I'd like to hear from those who have shot their turkey gun with one on it?
Any input on Swampfox Optics is welcome too.
Love to hunt the King of Spring!

Dtrkyman

I have no experience with that dot but I prefer red, especially in bright Sun light.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Greg Massey

For the money the sight is really nice, an easily accessible battery compartment and the green circle dot is spot on... Killed a turkey with one this past spring. Mine was in full sunlight and i had no problems with the green circle dot on the turkey's neck ... Yes you will like it ...they also have great customer service if needed. I liked mine so much better than the FF3 , that i got another Kingslayer circle dot ...

Tail Feathers

Quote from: Dtrkyman on June 25, 2022, 02:17:10 PM
I have no experience with that dot but I prefer red, especially in bright Sun light.

I use a red dot and my astigmatism shows up and makes it irregular.  It's not a deal killer, but I notice it.  I've read so much good about the green that I thought I may want to try it.  The circle part is my concern, not sure if it's in the way or not looking at it on videos and on the internet. 
I've also read they reflect a lot or silver, like a mirror almost on the front end due to a different coating.
Love to hunt the King of Spring!

guesswho

I don't have the Kingslayer so can't speak on that.   But I do have a couple Holosuns with the green.   I like the green 10X better than the red. 
If I'm not back in five minutes, wait longer!
BodonkaDeke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff
Do unto others before others do unto you
Official Member Of The Unofficial Firedup Turkey
Calls Prostaff

Greg Massey

Quote from: guesswho on June 25, 2022, 03:27:34 PM
I don't have the Kingslayer so can't speak on that.   But I do have a couple Holosuns with the green.   I like the green 10X better than the red.
X2

West Augusta

No trees were hurt in the sending of this message, however a large number of electrons were highly inconvenienced.

ChesterCopperpot

Me too! And I love that big 32moa circle on the Holosun 507c. That's a 16" circle at 50yds and an 8" circle at 25yds which is the meat of my pattern at both ranges (i.e. if it's inside the circle it's getting touched).

Guskie

Quote from: ChesterCopperpot on June 25, 2022, 04:18:59 PM
Me too! And I love that big 32moa circle on the Holosun 507c. That's a 16" circle at 50yds and an 8" circle at 25yds which is the meat of my pattern at both ranges (i.e. if it's inside the circle it's getting touched).

I like the plain 32 MOA circle reticle best in my Holosun too.  Mine is red though. The reticle color doesnt matter much to me

Happy

I used the kingslayer on a few turkeys this past spring. It worked just fine and wasn't blocking much of the turkeys head at all. I have been using the green setting of my truglo circle dot almost exclusively for the last 7-8 years as well. Nothing against red dots as I see them fine. The green just seems a bit crisper

Good-Looking and Platinum member of the Elitist Club

grayfox

I also bought the Kingslayer with the green circle dot & installed it on my 870 at the end of turkey season. I believe I'm gonna really like it but I haven't hunted with it yet. I've always preferred the green over red. One of the reasons I always used my TruGlo Tru-Brite sight was because of it having the option of a green dot.

J-Shaped

Have used one the past two seasons and been very pleased with it. I shot a Pentax Lighter 2.5X scope for many years with the circle dot reticle and the Swampfox dot reminds me a lot of it. Easy target acquisition with the circle, and love the center dot within it for precise aiming.

HookedonHooks

I can't speak to the Swampfox or to the green reticle, but I love the circle/dot that's in the Holosun's. I wanted green in my 507k but the ship date on my gun was so close to season I settled for the red that was in stock.

PalmettoRon

Don't know anything about Kingslayer, but much prefer my Holosun 510 green dot circle reticle over my Vortex Venom red dot.

Neill_Prater

I second that.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk