turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Sunday hunting in Va

Started by gobbler74, June 15, 2011, 10:28:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BowBendr

They've been fighting it hard in NC too. After many years of pressure, last year we got archery only, on Sundays, only on private land only......at least it's a step in the right direction.

Keep plugging away at it Virginians, you'll get it eventually too, hopefully.

kdog

A few years back in Ohio u were aloud to only hunt waterfowl on Sunday but no small game,deer turkey etc....They finally got there act together and passed Sunday hunting about 10 years ago or so and its a blessing.For those of us that have to work Saturdays its nice that we can get out and enjoy what we luv to do on a Sunday.GoodLuck Virginia I hope it passes!

Kdog

YELPA

Excellent news!  I spent my undergraduate years in Virginia and the no Sunday hunting law has always been one I opposed.  It makes planning trips back to Virginia to turkey hunt tough, too.

gobbler74

Its still going go take awhile but once vdgif got on board..that was the push needed. Probably be another year or two. Make no mistake this isn't about appeasing the public or interest in carrying on traditions. It's all about the bills, the green ones. More active out of state and in state hunters. Contributing to the economy. Spending extra money on manpower to patrol will cost but I imagine its a fraction of the gain. For the record our licenses went up about 25% taking effect July 1st.  Each licence is separate in va for deer. archery, crossbow, ml,  big game general with rifle & shotgun for state resident increased $5 each to $22 per category. That doesn't include national forest stamp or separate waterfowl state and federal. Cost about $150 just for resident for the whole enchilada. I don't mind as long and I can hunt. I applaud the game commission for finally stepping up. My brother in law will be glad to get the OT when the time comes I'm sure.
"Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail"

econo

I think even the animals need a day of rest !  I took this pic Sunday morning, it proves my point...lol

May God bless you all

chatterbox

We have had Sunday hunting in NH for as long as I can remember.
I have to agree with Hal. I hate only being able to hunt turkeys only half a day in the spring. We have to be out of the woods by noon.

gobbler74

Nice pic. Squirrel hunting is the first thing I plan to do with my daughters on Sunday evenings when the ban is lifted.

EDIT TO ADD THIS ARTICLE 

http://www.tidewaternews.com/2011/07/02/getting-the-facts-on-prohibition-of-hunting-on-sundays/comment-page-1/#comment-21822
"Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail"