News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Sunday hunting in Va

Started by gobbler74, June 15, 2011, 10:28:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gobbler74

It's just a matter of time.
Tick tock boys its just a matter of time..its going to happen eventually whether antis want it or not.. This will be a huge step in carrying on a tradition imo.
http://www.nrahunterrights.org/Article.aspx?id=5117
"Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail"

Hognutz

That law is so crazy, that it borderlines on the ridiculous. It needs to go away. Wi. is backward in many of it's laws, but we can hunt and drink on Sunday, if we so choose..Mike ???
May I assume you're not here to inquire about the alcohol or the tobacco?
If attacked by a mob of clowns, go for the juggler.

redarrow

Good luck you Virginians. Her in Michigan,(unless I missed the change) we have a few counties that have "no hunting on lands of another." otherwise we have been hunting on sunday as long as i can remember.

struttin_1

It looks like this year it will finally happen!!  :z-guntootsmiley:

Basser69

Alabama is backwards in its own ways but geez, we can at least hunt on Sundays!

West Augusta

West Virginia doesn't allow sunday hunting unless it is on your own land and that is only in some counties.
No trees were hurt in the sending of this message, however a large number of electrons were highly inconvenienced.

gobbler74

It seems that blue laws from the original 13 colonies have been a big factor in the ban.
"Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail"

Jay

One of the most stupid laws still on the books, anywhere. You get to hunt 1 day with your kids/grandkids on Saturday only, depending on if they don't have baseball/softball. ::)

Vaturkeyhntr

FINALLY!!!!!! especially if there isnt a football season, i will finally have something to do on sundays   :z-guntootsmiley:

TauntoHawk

Really trying to get it PA.. worst law out there country wide is no hunting on Sunday
<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

jshively

I find it unbelievable that there are still people in Virginia that fight to keep the "Ban on Sunday Hunting".  And these people are not all anti-hunting groups.  I have to work a  lot of Saturdays which makes it very hard to take my daughter hunting with me.  Hunting on Sunday would be a God send for people like me.  But knowing how Virginia Politics work - I'll believe it when I see it.

stinkpickle

Some people hate change and will fight to keep things the same, no matter how silly the "tradition".

GOLD HUNTER

I've all ways said sunday hunting was comeing !!! :z-guntootsmiley:

brian

West Augusta

Really, I would settle if West Virginia would let me turkey hunt all day.  We still have to be out of the woods by 1pm.
No trees were hurt in the sending of this message, however a large number of electrons were highly inconvenienced.

stinkpickle

Quote from: West Augusta on June 15, 2011, 02:16:18 PM
Really, I would settle if West Virginia would let me turkey hunt all day.  We still have to be out of the woods by 1pm.

Missouri has the same silly regulation...it needs to go away.