OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Brood reporting

Started by eggshell, May 31, 2022, 11:21:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

eggshell

I saw my first brood of 2022 this morning along our township rd. Couldn't count them but the ones I saw looked to be about a week to 10 days old. This is southern Ohio

Post your sightings when you have them

Tom007

One week ago I saw a hen with 9 chicks :turkey2:
"Solo hunter"

Wigsplitter

I saw a hen with 6-7 nice sized poults yesterday- they scattered and the poults flew up into pine trees pretty dang high- I'm in Arkansas - I'll say they were 6 week old or more

squidd

Saw two hens with one poult and then later three hens with about all they could handle!

Turkeybutt

Cool! I enjoy watching them.

Cowboy

Great, hope they do well.  I saw a hen with several about that size last Wednesday.  Too far away to count, but she had several.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Shiloh

Seen 3 different broods in my area of MS.  Also have a pic of a gobbler with 5 hens on Memorial Day weekend.  I'm hoping they were just young hens

Dtrkyman

Tried to post a trail cam video...didn't work but a friend in Illinois has cool video of a hen with 6-8 poults,  tiny but active!

Cowboy

Wife just videotaped some in our driveway today. 3 hens and maybe 10 poults.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Jim K

Saw my first ones yesterday. I was taking my grandkids for a side by side ride and flushed them. I'm not sure how many. Looked like 6-8. It made my day. My neighbor saw a hen with around 14 poults.

Dtrkyman

Time for some Sun rise sunset coon shoots boys!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ctate94

Last week one day, 1 hen and 6-7 poults. Was surprised to see that many with her.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

eggshell

had a hen and three poults in my yard this morning morning

deerhunt1988

2 hens with 4 poults last week. 2 hens with 9 poults today.

First sizeable broods we've saw on this well managed bottomland area in a few springs.

The difference? Summertime flooding and much higher than average summer rains didn't hit us this summer like has been happening the past few springs. We are about bone dry and have at least 3+ nice brood groups running around. No season changes or bag limit reductions would have fixed what mother nature has.

Howie g

Finally saw a couple lil ones down here in the dirty south ...