OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

A new hole pattern template idea

Started by TarheelTurk, June 14, 2011, 12:30:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TarheelTurk

Well being brand new to the call making world and having soooo many of you help me to get this far. I try to contribute whenever possible. I found this unique idea for a hole pattern since i use 8 holes in my calls. I was cleaning my house the other day when i noticed the top of the Glade Carpet freshner was the same pattern i use in my calls. I decided to post this since there's not too much discussion on hole patterns & maybe it could help a new guy out that's getting started!
Here's a pic of the top along w/ a call i made using it
Grandads Advice : "Sometimes its better to be quit and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubts" LOL

lightsoutcalls

If it works for you... go for it! 

I use a faceplate to turn my calls, so I marked the holes directly from the faceplate onto a piece of thin wood (like paneling but thinner).  My template holes are only 1/8", as I use a 1/8" bit to drill the pilot holes for the screws I use to attach to the faceplate.

I love it when something laying around can be used as a tool or template.  Makes you start looking more closely at things around you before tossing them out.

Lights Out custom calls - what they're dying to hear!

TarheelTurk

Quote from: lightsoutcalls on June 14, 2011, 09:45:04 AM
If it works for you... go for it! 

I use a faceplate to turn my calls, so I marked the holes directly from the faceplate onto a piece of thin wood (like paneling but thinner).  My template holes are only 1/8", as I use a 1/8" bit to drill the pilot holes for the screws I use to attach to the faceplate.

I love it when something laying around can be used as a tool or template.  Makes you start looking more closely at things around you before tossing them out.

Yeah i know what u mean I've been looking @ everything now to see if it could be used. I hadnt even thought of using the faceplate that came w/ my lathe until you mentioned it either ( I been turning mine using a screw chuck, so the face plate just sitting there staring me dead in the face the whole time)! Good thing it wasnt a snake! I'm definitely sticking w/ the ole carpet freshner top for a while I reckon or until the next idea falls in my lap when i least expect it! LOL Thanks
Jason
Grandads Advice : "Sometimes its better to be quit and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubts" LOL