OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Turkey Hunter magazine

Started by turkeyhuntermag, May 20, 2022, 04:27:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

turkeyhuntermag

Hi folks,

My name is Gary Stover, and I am the publisher of Turkey Hunter magazine (a new magazine that was just released in April). I am not affiliated with any other publication, and my magazine is not the typical "off the shelf" magazine offered today. Turkey Hunter encompasses "everything turkey", from articles and stories to some of the best photographs in the industry, as well as showcasing the outstanding artists, call makers and craftsmen in the community.

I only allow 5% advertising space in this publication, while other competitors include 20-40+%. As an avid reader of magazines, I dislike the amount of content space taken up with advertising. Advertising is a necessary evil in order to keep magazines afloat, however, there are ways of reducing the overall footprint. Readers are paying for content and that's what I give them. I could continue describing my magazine, but I won't. I don't push sales, I just offer the info and let the public decide for themselves.

Single copies are $10.95 while yearly subscriptions are $34.95 (4 issues). I don't have a website yet (I fired the web designer and started over). If interested, please contact me at freebird1228@gmail.com or call me at (470)439-0267.

Best regards,
Gary

Dtrkyman

I miss a good magazine!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3bailey3

turkeyhuntermag

3bailey3, reply sent. Thank you, sir!

Spring Creek Calls

First edition was impressive, keep up the good work Gary!
2014  SE Call Makers Short Box 2nd Place
2017  Buckeye Challenge Long Box 5th Place
2018  Mountain State Short Box 2nd Place
2019  Mountain State Short Box 1st Place
2019  NWTF Great Lakes Scratch Box 4th Place
2020 NWTF GNCC Amateur 5th Place Box
2021 Mountain State 3rd Place Short Box
2021 SE Callmakers 1st & 2nd Short Box
E-mail: gobblez@aol.com

3bailey3

I will be mailing a check tomorrow, Thanks Gary!

RutnNStrutn

I'm definitely interested!!! Ever since Turkey and Turkey Hunting bit the dust, I've been jonesing for a turkey mag. Frankly, as popular as turkey hunting is, I can't believe there's not a hot selling turkey magazine.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

Archivist13

Out of curiosity, how many pages is Issue 1 and do you have an estimate on how large the magazine will be moving forward? Thanks!

Spring Creek Calls

Here's a short view of issue #1, 63 pages and very little to no advertisements.

Sent from my SM-T510 using Tapatalk

2014  SE Call Makers Short Box 2nd Place
2017  Buckeye Challenge Long Box 5th Place
2018  Mountain State Short Box 2nd Place
2019  Mountain State Short Box 1st Place
2019  NWTF Great Lakes Scratch Box 4th Place
2020 NWTF GNCC Amateur 5th Place Box
2021 Mountain State 3rd Place Short Box
2021 SE Callmakers 1st & 2nd Short Box
E-mail: gobblez@aol.com

Mountainburd

That looks like my kind of magazine. I may be sold.

runngun

Definitely in for a subscription!!! This is very exciting for me!!! I love to read, especially about turkeys. Ain't nothing like paper!

Have a good one
Bo

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Blessed are the peacemakers for they are the children of God.

owlhoot

doublespurs21

i just received the first issue,, ,,BOY, does it look like a good read,,, alot of nice photos..  stories about callmakers also,,i like that part.   very nice job, so far..

callmakerman

fishr64

Quote from: doublespurs21 on May 25, 2022, 05:13:21 PM
i just received the first issue,, ,,BOY, does it look like a good read,,, alot of nice photos..  stories about callmakers also,,i like that part.   very nice job, so far..
X2

Thank you Gary!!