OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

HOW DO YOU CLEAN YOUR CHOKES AND

Started by 12 GAUGE, February 13, 2011, 07:39:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

12 GAUGE

WHAT DO YOU USE TO CLEAN YOUR CHOKES
ROLL TIDE

chatterbox

Skeeterbait

Take the choke out of the gun.  Put the string of your bore snake through the choke and tie the string to a door knob or something.  Grab the other end of the snake and stretch it out tight.  While holding the snake tight with one hand, scrub the choke back and forth across the brushes.  You can make many times the number of passes through the choke this way than you can with a brush on a rod and there is no rod to possibly damage the lip of the choke.

VAlongbeard84

Dry brush with a brass brush to loosen up deposits, and then spray out with aerosol brake cleaner!! Works great!

selinoid44

LPS product called HDX. Clean inside and out with a toothbrush if need be. Most of the time they arent that dirty. Once clean I grease the the threads with a good gun grease.

'Flush Draw' Calls
Charlie Louthain
574-527-9785

HogBiologist

I take a short rod with the 12 gauge brush and insert onto a drill.  On a medium speed I move the choke on and off the brush.  i use gun scrubber in between to loosen deposits and them finish with rem oil.
Certified Wildlife Biologist

Gobble!

VAHUNTER

i use Shooters Choice or Butches Bore cleaner. both will remove any wad material left in the choke.
then brush the choke and use pipe cleaners on the ports
Good things come to those who wait

archery1

i use shooters choice and a brass brush. put some shooters c. in a glass bowl.. ( don't tell  wife or let her see ya ) and put choke in it . . scrubbing choke inside and out with brush . the shooters  choice gets all deposits out of it. makes it clean as it can be. dry off take hoppes 9 do this again so the shooters choice is not left on.\( this is strong stuff ) dry off ,clean all ports and put back on gun. making sure you dont have any grime  on the threads of choke before u put in back on .
Take a kid hunting