OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Lead load recipes?

Started by vt35mag, April 15, 2022, 09:27:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vt35mag

Anyone have an insight on how I should go about getting baseline load data for lead loads? I know if you purchase TSS from certain sellers they will give you load data if you need it. How about when it comes to lead?
My goal would be to put together some 12ga 3in 2oz 7.5s nickel plated (or copper) lead.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Rapscallion Vermilion

I'd start by going to the powder manufacturer's websites for reloading data,  Hodgdon, Alliant, etc.  For a 3" hull,  2 oz lead loads are going to be sparse, but plenty of 1 7/8 oz loads are online.

DocHolliday

Ballistic Products has many manuals as well as the "Load of the Week" archives. Far more info here than from manufacturers.

ChesterCopperpot

There's a reason no commercially loaded lead turkey ammo comes in #7.5. Why not just load 2oz of #6s?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

vt35mag

Federal used to offer a 3in 2oz 7.5 load
I was looking into this mostly for nostalgia purposes. When I started out turkey hunting in the 90s I was given a couple boxes and they patterned well and was able to take a few birds with them. Was thinking it might be fun to load up something similar and shoot a few more with it.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk