turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Favorite Custom Call Maker?

Started by NightHawk24, April 06, 2022, 08:14:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

turkeyfool

I have pot calls and box calls from a ton of guys. I think Scott Witter makes the best box. Jody Harrison also makes a box I play very well.

Pots-depends on the surface. I'd say Clay Townsend is #1 as far as my collection but I had some success with slate over glass this year and MAC's green slate did the trick. Titanium-John Sinclair

Best service, great pots, nicest guy = Mike Yingling

Chuck1443

Someone said " today, it is...."
That is the truth!
I love all my custom calls and their makers are artist

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

painterjp

Best Callmaker Frank Cox.  My next choice is Darrin Dawkins! My Opinion and everyone has one.

gaswamp

Quote from: painterjp on July 01, 2022, 12:58:07 AM
Best Callmaker Frank Cox.  My next choice is Darrin Dawkins! My Opinion and everyone has one.

interesting combination

HookedonHooks

Quote from: gaswamp on July 01, 2022, 07:03:04 AM

interesting combination
No joke. You must be in the turkey woods with LF dressed up as the devil on one shoulder and Darrin dressed up as an angel on the other telling you which call to use and what moves to make.

WW

Why does everybody hate on Frank Cox? I've had dealings with him twice and he's been as nice on the phone as you could ask for. I think he wants to be known as a "mean callmaker" but the man makes as fine of a trumpet as you will ever see.

Far2low

I would focus my collections on 

Lamar Williams

Mark prudhome

Lewis Stowe

Darrin dawkins

Neil cost

Rev Farmer

Billy Buice

Zobo

Quote from: Far2low on July 13, 2022, 03:12:26 AM
I would focus my collections on 

Lamar Williams

Mark prudhome

Lewis Stowe

Darrin dawkins

Neil cost

Rev Farmer

Billy Buice

Good advice. But first liquidate all stock holdings, offshore accounts, bearer bonds, crypto currencies, real estate holdings, gold and silver bullion, annuities, life insurance policies and trust funds. And then after that, I would begin the application process for personal loans.  :toothy12:
Stand still, and consider the wonderous works of God  Job:37:14

Far2low

Those calls are not that expensive compared to many.

turkey stew

Rev. Farmer and Cost are expensive. Buice callers are starting to get that way.

wchadw

Boxes I like Mann Watkins Williams
Pots Cody Mabry Roberts
Trumpets buice Cox hornstra KP
Wingbone/cane EZ sharpe
Soft talkers parks Watkins

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Zobo

Quote from: Far2low on July 16, 2022, 01:16:56 AM
Those calls are not that expensive compared to many.

At risk of falling prey to trolling, who are the many? Calls on your list sell into the thousands and are very difficult to obtain.

Far2low

I'm not going to single anyone out, you can either invest in turkey calls or not. There's only so many call makers that have calls that calls increase in value after you buy them. I'd focus on them. How many times have you heard someone say they wished they bought more of Neil's calls? Lewis Stowe's trumpets were only $150 6 months ago, I don't think you needed a second mortgage for that.

Zobo

Yeah, I don't "invest" in turkey calls. I use turkey calls to kill gobblers. I think that was the intent of the OP. And if you look back to my first post in this thread, I recommended Lewis Stowe, before he died. Not because it was a good investment but because his calls are awesome and he was a gentleman and a person of high integrity who I liked.

Yoder409

Quote from: HookedonHooks on July 01, 2022, 08:34:58 AM
Quote from: gaswamp on July 01, 2022, 07:03:04 AM

interesting combination
No joke. You must be in the turkey woods with LF dressed up as the devil on one shoulder and Darrin dressed up as an angel on the other telling you which call to use and what moves to make.

:TooFunny: :TooFunny: :TooFunny:

:icon_thumright:
PA elitist since 1979

The good Lord ain't made a gobbler I can't kill.  I just gotta be there at the right time.....  on the day he wants to die.