Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Flood Gates are Opening!!

Started by JeffC, April 06, 2022, 07:52:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JeffC

So 6 team members will finally get to go to the woods!! Spellnj3 will finally hunt for himself, maybe. HillclimberWV, Spladle160, Tanna114 and VA Gobbleaddict will start off Saturday with austinec jumping into the mix on Monday!!  Looking forward to lots of pictures and stories. Good luck and have a safe and successful opening day. :turkey2:
Print by Madison Cline, on Flickr

lacire

:morning:

Good luck to Spellnj3, HillclimberWV, Spladle160, Tanna114, VA Gobbleaddict and austinec, have a good time and hunt safe guys. Looking forward to your pictures.

Muzzy61

Good luck to everyone kick starting their season.

Spellnj3

Good luck guys!!!   Not sure if I will get to shoot Saturday, my oldest son (19) is wanting to go....maybe we can double up???  Hope so!!

notsure

Happy hunting everyone! I'll be pulling up the rear (likely start on the 20th) as is normal when living in the Great White North.

JeffC

Good luck tomorrow gentleman..please dont forget to post up all the good and bad of the day, have a safe and successful opening day :dancingturkey:

VA Gobble Addict

Set up in front of three this morning.  The flew down and strutted on the ridge above me and then followed hens down the property line.  Played with them for a couple of hours before they moved off onto the neighbors.  Not long after I heard 3 spaced out shots.  Not a good start for me.

lacire

Well if it was my grandson it could've been three misses  :TooFunny:

JeffC

Well VA GA, a least you were in the game, plenty of mornings I never heard a single gobble. So now you know where they like to go, can you get in between them and neighbor's field? If your not able too, go back there later in season when hens head off to nest, even later next week, never know when Toms will be ready for different hen to chase. Keep at them, you will get a chance, good luck.

HillclimberWV

No luck this morning. Didn't hear a gobble did find some sign hoping for better luck on monday.

JeffC

Thanks for update H WV, weather up here was crap, next week looking at 70's, should get things going, good luck.

HillclimberWV

Yeah it never got above 50 and wind was blowing pretty hard. Im hoping it warms up and calms down for monday.

Spladle160

Showed up yesterday morning and noticed an odd truck as I was going in. Stopped and started getting ready in the truck when I saw a red light coming up behind me. Turns out the land owner, who's a little older had given us both permission to hunt. The guy was nice and already had his older father set up in the blind that he set up in the same end of the field as mine so we just exchanged numbers for coordination and I went home and crawled back in bed. If the weather really picks up I might end up running late for work one morning this week by way of the blind but otherwise it will be next Saturday down at my uncles farm in Natural Bridge. There's birds there but it's a whole other ball game than pre scouting and sitting in the blind.

austinc

I put ears on several this morning,  in the woods now trying to roost one. Hopefully can get it done this week, gonna be cold and windy in the morning.

lacire