News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Burris Fastfire 2

Started by VAlongbeard84, June 09, 2011, 09:53:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BurrisOptics

Quote from: Footballer on July 05, 2011, 11:13:41 AM
Can these sights take a pretty good beating?

And then some.   :icon_thumright:

pitjeep

will these mount on a weaver style base?

pitjeep

BurrisOptics

Weaver mount? Yes

Warranty is 1 year.

Sand Man

Add another vote for the FF II.  After missing two turkeys with these tight TSS patterns I went with my first sight on a shotgun, FF II.  I won't ever hunt turkey witout one again.  7 turkeys fell to my FF II and TSS this year in 3 states.

I found it very easy to dial in.  Like the other poster, I used dove loads at 15 yards to get it close then check it at 50 yards with my TSS.

Let the little twenty EAT!!!!

gobblergls

What is the recommended mounting method for the FF2?  in this thread, I see with and without Weaver base.  It would seem the Weaver base would spread the recoil effect over 4 screws whereas the direct mount wouldn't.  Or is there enough strength in the direct mount to withstand the pounding of turkey loads?

gatrkyhntr70

Quote from: gobblergls on September 23, 2011, 08:36:08 PM
What is the recommended mounting method for the FF2?  in this thread, I see with and without Weaver base.  It would seem the Weaver base would spread the recoil effect over 4 screws whereas the direct mount wouldn't.  Or is there enough strength in the direct mount to withstand the pounding of turkey loads?

It will without a problem. Like others posted they are quality products.
<- <- <= <- <- <- <-

Arkansawyer

Quote from: whiskey on June 11, 2011, 05:27:50 PM
I don't need a comb riser with my set up.

I'm looking at a Fastfire for my Mossberg 535 Turkey Tactical that's already drilled and tapped, and I figured I'd have to get a rail.  What kind of mount did you use for yours to mount directly like that?

BurrisOptics

That's the Marlin 336 mount.  The screw holes should line up just fine.

Arkansawyer

Quote from: BurrisOptics on December 30, 2011, 10:07:01 AM
That's the Marlin 336 mount.  The screw holes should line up just fine.

Thanks!!!

So I guess now I have a decision to make:  lower profile Marlin mount or rail with protector mount?  Anyone have any opinions?