OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Favorite mass-production call

Started by Cutt, March 24, 2022, 08:22:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WildTigerTrout

Quote from: Greg Massey on March 24, 2022, 10:29:52 AM
Lohman Thunderdome slate with its carbon striker ...
This certainly is a good one. In addition to the slate I also have one each in ceramic and crystal.  They sound great.
Deer see you and think you are a stump. The Old Gobbler sees a stump and thinks it is YOU!

Zobo

I don't really buy production calls but I was recently playing around with the bass pro Redhead box call lineup at the store. The calls by and large were not good, but one did impress, the Ozark Bottoms butternut mini boat paddle. Really good sounds from this $39 production box...I didn't buy it though.
Stand still, and consider the wonderous works of God  Job:37:14

compton30

I had a Primos Power Crystal that had a couple gobblers under it's belt and then took a drop out of my truck and was gone forever. I was devastated. That led me into custom calls. I can still picture those hunts in my head like they were yesterday.

Tom007

Being a push-pin fanatic, I will add The Knight&Hale Witchy Woman push pin. This was a mass produced call when Knight&Hale was still making calls. Very well crafted, and the best mass production push-pin I've heard.
"Solo hunter"

Greg Massey

Quote from: Tom007 on March 26, 2022, 07:21:57 AM
Being a push-pin fanatic, I will add The Knight&Hale Witchy Woman push pin. This was a mass produced call when Knight&Hale was still making calls. Very well crafted, and the best mass production push-pin I've heard.
Beautiful Instrument ...

mspaci

Ive killed a few with the witchy woman, great call

owlhoot

Mad super illuminator , the first one i got was a killer after being roughed up with 36 grit. The second was not though.
H.S triple glass , heck of a call.

mspaci

Another I killed a bunnh of birds is Quaker Boy grand old master field grade. Mike

wchadw

Lynch Jet Slate
If Cody counts as a production call world class slate
Those 2 calls have accounted for the most birds by far for me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yotecatcher

I am with owl hoot on this one I have more birds than you can count on a MAD super aluminator.I have more confidence in that call than any other call in my vest including all the custom built calls I have that go every time I go to the the woods,but the first call that I put in my hands every time is that MAD call that I have all the confidence in the world!

Buckhuntraj

Primos Ol Glory, man that thing is worn out but it has killed a bunch of birds

My favorite is an old wood faulks crow call an old timer gave me 20 yrs ago, man that thing throws a good sound and gets a gobble

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TrackeySauresRex

I picked up an old K&H glass hammer pot for 6 bucks in a clearance bin once. I never leave home W/O it. I've crushed many of Tom's noggins with it. I love customs and do run a few. However,  this It is by far my biggest go to pot call.
"If You Call Them,They Will Come."

btodd00

Favorite box would be an older Lynch fool proof that my dad gave me. A  close second would be the mad mini master. The mini master can make noise that I dont think would call in many turkeys but can drag a gobble out of most turkeys in range, very unique sound

Favorite push pin would be a original knight and hale push pull that my dad also gave me (both of these are now on the shelf because I do not want to lose/break them)

favorite pot would be crystal mistress, a close second would be my Osceola edition primos pot (had many people tell me I should have never used it but its called in a fair amount of birds and what's done is done)

The old primos super slate trough calls would be high on my favorites list as well

EZ

Believe it or not, my favorite truly production call is an old acrylic pot call from Wood Wise. It is a double sider with bronzed glass top and aluminum under. Came with an aluminum striker.

gergg

I started out with a Perfection 3 reed diaphragm call (no cuts) back in the late 1970's, I killed a pile with that one, just straight up clear hen talk.
https://www.gwaltneygamecalls.com/

Greg Gwaltney Game Calls
2022 NWTF Grand Nationals - 5th Place Air Operated Call (Trumpet)
2021 NWTF Grand Nationals - 2nd Place Air Operated Call(Trumpet)
2021 NWTF Grand Nationals - 5th Place Air Operated Call(Trumpet Call)
2019 NWTF Grand Nationals - 3rd Place Air Operated Call(Trumpet Call)
2019 NWTF S.E. Call Makers Contest - 4th Place Trumpet Calls