North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

The turkeys are using ASL

Started by FullChoke, March 19, 2022, 04:36:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FullChoke

Guys,

I have been out for 3 days now and have heard nothing, neither volunteered nor invoked. I came upon a set of fresh gobbler tracks in a gravel road in the area that I was hunting Thursday morning, but the guy who made them apparently had taken vows of both silence and chastity.

The season is still young. They will fall yet.

Cheers  ;D

FC

Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.

crow

Obvious spell of bad ju-ju cast on you by the GOATS.

It's going to a long season.

3seasons

I've been in the woods for pretty much the last 3 weeks. I heard my first gobble Friday morning between monsoons, closed the distance and got him to answer me, then it started raining so hard if he would have walked out I couldn't have seen him at 15yds.   Called up two jakes Saturday morning, and only heard 1 jake gobble 1 time this morning. We saw 6 birds this morning 2 jakes 4 hens  every one of them was still in a tree at 8:30 this morning.  It was strange as nice as it was. They would pitch and fly a few hundred yards to another tree sit a few minutes then fly to a another tree all morning.
Maybe tomorrow will be different. 

Good luck!

turkeyhunter91

hopefully as season continues they will be something move in and open his lips haha. i was really hoping to kill a bird on my place this year but only a couple pics of a solo tom the last few weeks and not heard any gobbles either, the hens and other toms that was on it have moved out. im gonna have to start checking some of my other places in the next few weeks before season.