turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Remington 20 ga hevishot

Started by Doug-Va, February 13, 2011, 05:03:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doug-Va

Hey i'm new to this board but was wondering if anyone knew were i can still get some Remington 20 hevishot? I haven't tried any other hevishot but use my sons mossberg 20 with a compnchoke 565 and have really been impressed with the way it shoots!! I know one day i am going to have to give the other hevishot a try but still have 3 boxes of remington hevishot

Doug

jakesdad

I've been trying to find some myself to no avail.If you come across any Id sure like to know!!Im down to about 15 shells,but have been using lead as shot distance at home doesnt really call for the hevi(30 or less)but if I could come across a nice stash I'd probably use it more.

"There are turkey hunters and people who hunt turkeys.I hope I am remembered as a turkey hunter"

jakesdad

I just know somewhere that a ol' mom and pop sporting goods store has got a shelf full of the old remington hevishot that they cant get rid of.probably gatherin dust and got a price tag of about $10 a box cuz none of the locals wanna use it!

"There are turkey hunters and people who hunt turkeys.I hope I am remembered as a turkey hunter"

surehuntsalot

Quote from: jakesdad on February 13, 2011, 08:49:34 PM
I just know somewhere that a ol' mom and pop sporting goods store has got a shelf full of the old remington hevishot that they cant get rid of.probably gatherin dust and got a price tag of about $10 a box cuz none of the locals wanna use it!

one can only hope so
I ran across 4 boxes of 20ga #6's last year in a small country store for 11.99 a box
it's not the harvest,it's the chase

jakesdad

I keep tellin myself someday i'll be that guy who hits the jackpot on something like that.....................but past experience tells me its doubtful.Always got some extra $$ tucked in the wallet just in case tho...

Doug-Va

I really messed up a few years back when i found them at Rogerssportinggoods.com and shouldnt have ordered more but didn't. Ended up getting more 12 ga than 20 :(

Doug

pdqt

Rogers had sold out of the #6 when I found them. But still had some #5. They also had the ten ga 1 7/8 #6 on sale cheaper than you could buy the hevi shot.   Couldn't give the empty ten ga shells or wads away. But I do have a little #6 hs. :anim_25:

hookedspur

Quote from: jakesdad on February 13, 2011, 09:32:56 PM
I keep tellin myself someday i'll be that guy who hits the jackpot on something like that.....................but past experience tells me its doubtful.Always got some extra $$ tucked in the wallet just in case tho...
:icon_thumright: :icon_thumright:
CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions