OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Wyo turkey question?

Started by jims, March 14, 2022, 07:29:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jims

I was wondering if it is possible to draw a limited turkey tag in Wyo plus buy a 2nd general turkey tag good for the entire state?  The regs are a little confusing.

GobbleNut

My interpretation of the regs makes me think you can have up to three spring tags, but only one can be a general-season, over-the-counter tag.  The others are limited-quota hunts that would require drawing one or both of those. I could not decipher if an individual can apply for and draw two limited-quota tags or if the only way to get that third permit would be if one of the limited-quota hunts had left-over tags. 

I suppose there is probably something somewhere in the Wyoming regulations that would clarify that.  I just didn't see it in my cursory look at their regulations.  Perhaps someone else can give us a clearer picture...

WV Ridge Reaper

When I called last year I was told two..one that has to be drawed and the other can be over the counter but only in a certain unit

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GobbleNut

Quote from: WV Ridge Reaper on March 14, 2022, 05:06:18 PM
When I called last year I was told two..one that has to be drawed and the other can be over the counter but only in a certain unit

I suspect that two is probably the realistic number someone could get, although their regs say no more than three.  Again, I think the only way someone could get three tags would be by getting and OTC tag, drawing a limited-permit tag, and then getting another limited-permit tag from a left-over pool after all the drawings were done.  Whether any of the limited-permit areas would have permits left over after the drawings were held would be the question, I think. 

In addition, the window for applying for the limited-quota hunts has passed for 2022.  I suppose someone buying a license could check to see if there are any leftover draw tags available, but I would doubt that there are.  I suspect the OTC tag for a single bird is probably the only option at this point.  However, I am just speculating.

jims

I drew 1 limited tag and tried to buy a general tag on their website.  I'm not exactly sure why the general tag doesn't come available unless I'm only limited to my limited tag?