North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

When does your season start?

Started by turkey harvester, March 07, 2022, 09:00:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lacire

Print by Madison Cline, on Flickr

bornagain64

Thanks. I am hunting public land, so not only dealing with the birds but also other hunters.
And it is gonna be warm, so we shall see how it goes.

bornagain64

Keep at it. Sometimes they come in right of the roost and other times you got to work a little harder for it. " Patience has killed more turkeys than anything else"! And it can all change in an instance.

dzsmith

Have only been able to go one morning because I'm working a shutdown and it was overcast and misting all morning. Heard zero. But I do know where one is . If he's still alive by the next time I'm off to go. There's been a bunch of turkeys killed here......
"For thy name's sake, O LORD, pardon mine iniquity; for it is great."

bornagain64

My buddy shot a bird at 9:00 am, so my hunt is over for the day. ( we are sharing a tag, buddy system, and you are only allowed 1 per day)
But I did hear 2 this morning and he heard another 1, so hopefully tomorrow it will be my turn.

aclawrence

Good luck in the morning!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bornagain64

lacire

Congratulations, looking for the pictures.
Print by Madison Cline, on Flickr

MDTOM84

Dmason3

Quote from: bornagain64 on March 19, 2022, 12:32:15 PM
My buddy shot a bird at 9:00 am, so my hunt is over for the day. ( we are sharing a tag, buddy system, and you are only allowed 1 per day)
But I did hear 2 this morning and he heard another 1, so hopefully tomorrow it will be my turn.
That's an interesting law. I haven't heard that before. Are you guys on public or private?

bornagain64

Quote from: bornagain64 on March 18, 2022, 06:46:27 PM
Keep at it. Sometimes they come in right off the roost and other times you got to work a little harder for it. " Patience has killed more turkeys than anything else"! And it can all change in an instance.

bornagain64

yes public, 1 of our wmas. There are 3 different rules:
1. 1 bird per person on some wmas
2. 1 bird per day, bag limit of 2 per quota
3. 1 bird per permit

It is easy to see how people get confused.

aclawrence

My season starts in the morning. I have a mixture of excitement and a little dread thinking about all the traffic that going to be riding around and hooting. It's going to be a windy one. I'm planning to sneak straight into an area early in the dark and just sit and wait. There were birds roosting there last year and I heard one gobble that way the other afternoon. Here we go. 

Tsgman

My son's season starts on Saturday,  mine the following week after.  I hope we have some great incounters in 32 hrs, and maybe even his first tom?!?

Good luck!

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

wvhoyt19

WV started this past Monday. My son wanted to go fishing for spring break so we did just that. I started hunting WV today and the birds were tough. The fact that we have a bunch of jakes on the farms we hunt may have the longbeards a lil tight lipped. Time will tell this week