OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

WTB 870 Rem Choke

Started by rakkin6, February 26, 2022, 12:36:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rakkin6

Hey all my buddy is new to turkey hunting and has a 12 gauge 870. I am looking for a choke for this gun. I am pretty open to options has far has brand. I like Indian Creek but this is his first time hunting turkey. Don't want to break the bank out the gate on him until he knows that he will continue to do it. Thanks

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

DE OPPRESSO LIBER

Gmed

What load is he wanting to shoot? I have a Madd Maxx .665 that I used with #5s or #6s. I believe Indian Creek made them for Madd calls originally. In package....$35.00 to ya door. I can text you photos. Sold my Remington 12 gauge....

rakkin6

Let me find out what he wants to shoot. I was going to give him some of the Federal TSS I have leftover since I switched to Apex. But he may just want to stick with straight lead. Is this choke compatible with TSS?

DE OPPRESSO LIBER

Gmed

I think it may be a lead only. I have had it for a while and never shot anything but lead 5s or 6s through it. It is model #1002 if you want to research or pick someone's brain that's smarter than I am (and that shouldn't be hard to do). Shot #5 LongBeard XR almost all its life. Consistent 175-190 in 10" at 40 with them. I know I gave double what that price is when I bought it.

drice561

Quote from: rakkin6 on February 26, 2022, 12:36:46 PM
Hey all my buddy is new to turkey hunting and has a 12 gauge 870. I am looking for a choke for this gun. I am pretty open to options has far has brand. I like Indian Creek but this is his first time hunting turkey. Don't want to break the bank out the gate on him until he knows that he will continue to do it. Thanks

I have two chokes for 12 gauge RemChoke threads.  Both are used.  Asking $70 shipped for the pair

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sippy cup

I have a 665 jelly head for 50 if interested give me a call at 540 9699471
beware of longdale legend