turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Charles Daly 635

Started by tjstinson13, February 22, 2022, 09:25:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tjstinson13

I tried the search function and I tried scrolling back through the old posts and didn't find any information for this and couldn't find anything so I started a new post.  If it's a repetitive post, I apologize.  Anyways..

I inherited this gun from my uncle last fall.  He was a gun nut and was always wheeling and dealing.  I think he picked this one up at a pawn shop and he turkey hunted with it a few times.  I actually helped him buy the choke tube for it as he couldn't find the one he wanted at the big box stores so I ordered him a jellyhead choke from Amazon and he was happy with the pattern.  He used nitro turkeys and always shot a pretty good pattern out to about 35-40 yards. 

Now that I have inherited this gun from him, I was curious about the setup & if anyone else had this gun, what their setup consists of and what they were seeing as far as results.  I'm going to pattern it as my backup gun for this year and probably try to take it out of state next year and hopefully shoot a merriams with it in his honor.   Thanks in advance for anyones sharing of results/advice/tips. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk