OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Thompson Mounts

Started by Maineiac, February 12, 2022, 11:13:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maineiac

I've have decided to move back to my Thompson encore for turkey. While I was away from it I fell in love with a red dot. I'd like to mount it, on the Thompson. I can see two holes pre-drilled in the barrel, but all pic rails seem to have 6 or 4 holes, are there two more under the sight I can access if I remove the sight?  Or, do I need to have it drilled/tapped for additional screws to mount the rail?  Thank you for your consideration and replies.
Maineiac

Dazzler

Quote from: Maineiac on February 12, 2022, 11:13:43 PM
I've have decided to move back to my Thompson encore for turkey. While I was away from it I fell in love with a red dot. I'd like to mount it, on the Thompson. I can see two holes pre-drilled in the barrel, but all pic rails seem to have 6 or 4 holes, are there two more under the sight I can access if I remove the sight?  Or, do I need to have it drilled/tapped for additional screws to mount the rail?  Thank you for your consideration and replies.
Maineiac
My encore has four visible with the rear sight still installed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maineiac

I removed the rear sight and there are four more holes under it. I think I'm good to go. Thank you for your reply!