turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Choke constrictions for .410s

Started by quackaddict, February 07, 2022, 01:31:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

quackaddict

What seems to be the consensus for .410 chokes and #9 or #9.5 shot? .385 seems to definitely be the most available choke, but I've seen .380s, .382s, and .390s too.
"A man may not care for golf and still be human, but the man who does not like to see, hunt, photograph or otherwise outwit birds or animals is hardly normal. He is supercivilized, and I for one do not know how to deal with him." Aldo Leopold

skimerhorn

I think most people use a 385 or 390

vt35mag

The guy I talked to at Jeb's said .380 for the 9.5 shot.
I have both .385 and .380 headhunter chokes I will be trying in my Moss 500 with the Apex Ninja when it warms up enough to do so.

Greg Massey

I bought the Carlson 385 back a week or so ago ... haven't shot it yet .. In talking with them, they said after a lot of testing the 385 was best... Carlson choke is cheaper than the others, after receiving the choke it looks really nice ... well made ... we shall see how she does in couple weeks ...

tracker#1

My factory stock choke with the gun was getting under 100 @ 40 so I went with an IC .390. Now high 130s@40 shooting larger #8s tss...most birds I kill at 25 yards, 30...so I'm confident with this gun.

joeturkey

My comp n choke 385 and my ic 385 shoot the best in tristar viper

Meleagris gallopavo

Unless you test different ones it's hard to know.  I'm gonna test 2 or 3 (one is the factory choke) and go from there.  Gonna sell the ones that don't perform.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I live and hunt by empirical evidence.

Kyfoster11

Anyone know the constriction of the factory Steven's 301 410 choke?

Leadchunker

bobk

We have two 301T 's  in .410.  Chokes measure .394 and .388, yes they do vary.