OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Ralph Permar Wow!

Started by aclawrence, February 05, 2022, 09:30:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

aclawrence

Alright I know some of y'all saw this. I didn't want to bring any extra attention while it was still going.  Can y'all help me understand why this trumpet is so valuable. I'm still learning. I've heard of Permar and I think he makes the 45 trumpet. Why is this one so special?  It's a cool wood for sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bedge7767

It was one of the first runs of the 1917 trumpets. 75 without a lanyard ring then 75 with a lanyard ring. It has an ivory mouthpiece also.
Jim

GobbleGitr

Yep agree with other comment...an exquisite wood by a future legend of a callmaker, with all the right 'bumps' (early number, ivory mouthpiece)...was drooling over that one!

outdoornut

I word should be kept out of description...
for obvious reasons. Nice trumpet, I thought about bidding at the end, but I really have too many more valuable already. Beautiful call, but just doesn't trip my trigger... To each his own

Sent from my SM-N976U using Tapatalk

ChesterCopperpot

Yeah, as was said, second series 1917. Those limited runs are important and valuable calls. I'd surely rather have it than some of the other calls I've seen go for more on there. Personally I didn't care for it on account of the wood. Thought it distracted from how classic and clean his lines are. If I were ever going to go real high dollar on one of Ralph's calls it would be the Davis interpretation he made with the case, but I imagine that would go a good bit higher. Great call, though, and surely worth every penny.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

turkey stew

Ralph definitely turns a first class horn!