turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Advice to New Call Makers

Started by smurf, June 04, 2011, 10:33:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

smurf

I did like I see a few of you guys doing.  Wish I hadn't.  What I 'm talking about is you decide to make calls and come up with a business name.  Sometimes before the first call is made.  When you get one that seems ok you put your co. name on it and send it out.   After making calls for a couple of years you look back and wish you hadn't sold, or even given away, the early calls because you realize they weren't very good.  Just my opinion but the early calls, unless you are really sure, don't put the name on it.  Wait until you know that call is good.  Your reputation is at stake.   But that's just my opinion.   Mike
If you can't stand behind our troops.  Feel free to stand in front of them.

pappy

hahaha old friend...I agree I can see a lot of confused faces when they see my "Pappy's Game Calls" name come up on a winning list of callmakers, especially when they have one of my earliest calls that most likely couldn't call in a coyote or buzzard...lol... I won't say that a person should not put their name on something that is dear to them, especially if they commited to making a call and finished through with their commitment, but just be ready for the criticisms and critiques, cause believe me, there will be many.....just enjoy the hobby and do your best.
my new email is paw.paw.jack@sbcglobal.net
tel...573-380-8206

smurf

Like Jack said if you worked hard on it and you're proud of it by all means put your name on it.  And the rest he said is correct to just be ready for criticism, refunds, replacements and all those fun things.  But don't let it get you down if you get any of that it is just part of the learning curve.  If you listen most of the criticism will help make you a better callmaker.  Enjoy.
If you can't stand behind our troops.  Feel free to stand in front of them.