turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Can’t find a IC .390 for a Savage 301

Started by Meleagris gallopavo, January 23, 2022, 10:16:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Meleagris gallopavo

I've been looking for a IC .390 for my new Savage 301 .410 but can't find one online.  Maybe I haven't been looking in the right places.  I imagine they will come available again soon, but until then if someone could give me some leads I'd be greatly appreciative.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I live and hunt by empirical evidence.

Gmed

Did you by chance call them (Indian Creek)? I have ordered several that the web site said we're out of stock, but a phone call and had them within a day or two....

Meleagris gallopavo

Quote from: Gmed on January 23, 2022, 10:26:31 AM
Did you by chance call them (Indian Creek)? I have ordered several that the web site said we're out of stock, but a phone call and had them within a day or two....
Good to know.  I may do just that.  Thanks!

skimerhorn

Jebs usually has a good stock. I just got a jebs for sa410 bc I couldn't find a IC

Meleagris gallopavo

I got in touch with IC and was told that they are currently making the .390 Savage 301 .410 chokes.  Just haven't hit the shelves yet.    During my choke search I came across the .385 on sale at my ol' faithful MidwayUSA, so I picked one of those up.  Still gonna get the .390 though as I want to pattern both with different TSS shells.  Only TSS shells I'm shooting are Foxtrot 383 Strokers and Apex Ninjas.  I'm just excited about hunting with the .410.  Haven't shot one in a very long time.

skimerhorn

My 301 patterned awesome with the factory choke after a deep clean of the barrel. Killed one last year with it about 35yds. I just got a new sa410 this year, hopefully I can get one with that

Leadchunker

I don't count numbers my factory choke with apex ninjas more than enough out to 45 yards save money buy ammo it's gone up since last year and probably will continue to do so I'm more than satisfied with my setup