OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Ms non res drawing?

Started by Paulmyr, January 09, 2022, 06:05:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dzsmith

Quote from: turkeyfool on January 10, 2022, 09:34:50 PM
Hunted it in 18', 19', and 20' when I lived on the Mississippi line (but on the Tennessee side). That state is tough man. A lot of nonresident hunters. I honestly don't know that I'd just go blaming MS' struggles on social media, it seems like the Arkansas guys I've met there have been hunting Miss consistently for a long time. Think I may have come across 2 birds in the woods on Public in 3 years.

I'm not even gonna speculate on what all of the problems may be, but I can tell you that I think there's a lot of resident hunters hunting before the season officially starts. And I also believe there's a lot of landowners running a feeder pretty heavily

what you described happens for sure. tons of feed. every private has a feeder or two or..maybe 30-40 feeders. You think im playing....im not. No real way to regulate around that . It may be illegal to shoot at turkey here at a feeder but its not illegal to have feeders out. It has its effects, always has. Yeah you have some early birds who will kill them as soon as they find one....thats always been a thing to. nothing new there. however....non res impact has gone up. it just has. a lot of folks on here have hunted the same areas their entire lives and can tell you what the differences are between now and then. its a rat race......you are correct though, a lot of the arkies  have been here for decades as well.
"For thy name's sake, O LORD, pardon mine iniquity; for it is great."

dzsmith

Quote from: Mossyguy on January 25, 2022, 08:22:08 AM
Quote from: Howie g on January 20, 2022, 07:25:26 AM
Dead buck summed it up pretty good . Feeders in every field and timber opening

If I remember correctly a few years ago they tried to disallow feeders during turkey season but the deer people complained that their deer would starve if they couldn't feed them...so that didn't help any.

Yeah that was after the super long flood of the south delta. people threw a fit, to feed their starving deer in the spring. i remember that. It had some steam behind, i was pretty sure it was gonna be outlawed. Nope.
"For thy name's sake, O LORD, pardon mine iniquity; for it is great."

arkrem870

Loose lips sink ships...... pimping out public land turkeys for profit has consequences. We public land turkey hunters are reaping the rewards of lost hunting opportunities and further restrictions. So a handful of youtubers and social media attention whores can stroke their ego and make a few dollars.  Been traveling for over two decades and hunted 6-10 different states a year through this time. I've seen the evolution. Don't piss on us and tell us it's raining.

mrclif

Quote from: arkrem870 on January 27, 2022, 09:06:02 PM
Loose lips sink ships...... pimping out public land turkeys for profit has consequences. We public land turkey hunters are reaping the rewards of lost hunting opportunities and further restrictions. So a handful of youtubers and social media attention whores can stroke their ego and make a few dollars.  Been traveling for over two decades and hunted 6-10 different states a year through this time. I've seen the evolution. Don't piss on us and tell us it's raining.
:z-winnersmiley: :agreed:

Kyle_Ott

This paragraph is the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth.
:z-guntootsmiley:

jtg88

Amen!